+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there anybody out there who still thinks he should be given more time?

Is there anybody out there who still thinks he should be given more time?

....apart from Martin. If so we need you to explain why. He should only be given the time to empty his desk. The worst manager by a long way in modern times.

At the risk of winding everyone up and getting personal abuse for it, me. Now I know it sounds like I'm at the wind up but this team has played just a few matches together and we still have our best player to come into the side. I am a realist though, he's definitely on borrowed time and many more results and performances like yesterday will be the end of him.

I have never thought it would be possible for us to get promotion this season anyway (given we were signing whilst a while team in the summer).

None of this detracts from my disappointment of yesterday, especially from the management mistakes made. As much stick as he's had on here, Rabitsch going off at half time was a big mistake and handed the initiative to them. Stanton was terrible the whole match, completely ineffective, especially when he went in the middle of the park. It baffles me why folk think he's so good, gives you one good game in about ten.

Frustrating.
    Last edited by TerryTheTerror; 05-08-2018 at 06:55 AM.

TTT, agree that Stanton wasn't great but he started on the wing and any confidence he does have had melted by the time he moved to midfield. Rabbisch, had to go or he would have been on a red in any case, especially with the bunch of clowns we call officials doing the match yesterday, same old standard, pish poor and blind! Not the reason for the loss by the way and neither was Rabbisch, I hasten to add.

I have trended towards Treb's position regarding the retention of Csabs, but for the life of me I can see no straws left to clutch at. The big problem is.....what next?

It's not about the team and how many games they have played together or who is to come in (Fyvie would give him a stay of execution) , all that just diverts attention from the main issue

Csaba is a terrible manager, he will not get the best out of this team like he never got the best out of last seasons team, they don't believe in him, nor do the fans, he won't get us into play offs, Mohsni and Ralston was the reason we just about held onto a play off position (from being top and 10+ pts above everyone else below 2nd)

Delaying this hurts Utd

That's a reasonable position ram. The thing is, the decision to keep Csaba was made in the summer and I think it would be madness to change now after one league match. Given the players have been signed by him we need now to give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's a reasonable position ram. The thing is, the decision to keep Csaba was made in the summer and I think it would be madness to change now after one league match. Given the players have been signed by him we need now to give it time.
    Morning TTT,not sure if you have noticed yet but someone has removed a thread.

At the risk of winding everyone up and getting personal abuse for it, me. Now I know it sounds like I'm at the wind up but this team has played just a few matches together and we still have our best player to come into the side. I am a realist though, he's definitely on borrowed time and many more results and performances like yesterday will be the end of him.

I have never thought it would be possible for us to get promotion this season anyway (given we were signing whilst a while team in the summer).

None of this detracts from my disappointment of yesterday, especially from the management mistakes made. As much stick as he's had on here, Rabitsch going off at half time was a big mistake and handed the initiative to them. Stanton was terrible the whole match, completely ineffective, especially when he went in the middle of the park. It baffles me why folk think he's so good, gives you one good game in about ten.

Frustrating.
    Kind of agree. We can talk about it all day but he's staying for a few games at least so lets make the most of it. If it's still brutal in a few games then I'll be joining everyone in team meltdoon. Always buy emotions directly after games which has been seen by people digging up posts from people wanting to give him a chance so they can get their " felt he so" jibes in

Frustrating.
    Didnt Dunfermline have a new team yesterday? Didnt recognize many of their players as being with them last season. Only player i recognized didnt come off the bench.

I agree with you about Rabitsch, but his challenge on El Bak might have seen a red on another day. Stanton isnt a winger and he is not a player who can switch positions easily during a game. Add in that Barton looked absolutely knackered by 60 minutes, Stanton was on a hiding to nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Morning TTT,not sure if you have noticed yet but someone has removed a thread.
    Yeah but I can still read it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)