+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is there anybody out there who still thinks he should be given more time?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    Who is Craig Houston?

If I won the £67m on the lottery tomorrow night, all things being equal, after my takeover I'd bite the bullet and Csaba would move on. I'm not at the stage of being outraged and looking out my pitchfork. Csaba has a good track record prior to United so I still believe it is possible he could turn things around. Whilst there are huge mitigating circumstances behind his poor performance so far, he hasn't shown any real indicators that he is starting to turn things round on the pitch. That coupled with the fact he has lost such a large section of the support, means it is highly unlikely he will be given the time required. Mike Martin is either biding time before a take over or he has seen such a mess that he is prepared to treat this season as a completely new start. If a new manager came in and we had the same start, people would not be thrilled but I doubt there would be such anger. However, I don't think many will be able to look at it this way.

I think Martin will stick by him in the short term so just hope that he is able to get things right and show some of the attributes that have brought him success elsewhere.

I'd give him till Xmas....

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    If I won the £67m on the lottery tomorrow night, all things being equal, after my takeover I'd bite the bullet and Csaba would move on. I'm not at the stage of being outraged and looking out my pitchfork. Csaba has a good track record prior to United so I still believe it is possible he could turn things around. Whilst there are huge mitigating circumstances behind his poor performance so far, he hasn't shown any real indicators that he is starting to turn things round on the pitch. That coupled with the fact he has lost such a large section of the support, means it is highly unlikely he will be given the time required. Mike Martin is either biding time before a take over or he has seen such a mess that he is prepared to treat this season as a completely new start. If a new manager came in and we had the same start, people would not be thrilled but I doubt there would be such anger. However, I don't think many will be able to look at it this way.

I think Martin will stick by him in the short term so just hope that he is able to get things right and show some of the attributes that have brought him success elsewhere.
    Good post Mike.

I agree btw

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklands Zero View Post
    Today's Sun says he has 3 games to save his job. I think a bad defeat Saturday will be the end of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklands Zero View Post

That's cos you're a scabby wee trophy virgin, all funsters want Csaba to stay, why wouldn't you!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    That's cos you're a scabby wee trophy virgin, all funsters want Csaba to stay, why wouldn't you!
    Funsters recognise the dilemma we are in. They have lived through it.

Anyone with any doubts that the clown should go now needs to read yesterday's Courier article -

Dundee United boss Csaba Laszlo feels the Championship has tightened up and will be tougher than ever this season.

The Tangerines face the always tricky-looking trip to Palmerston tomorrow to take on Queen of the South on their plastic pitch.

It looks like a must-win game for Laszlo, with the Hungarian’s players having suffered a 3-2 home defeat to Dunfermline on day one of the league campaign.

There is no room for error as the pressure mounts on United to get promoted at the third time of asking.

Laszlo, though, thinks achieving their promotion goal might prove to be even more difficult than before due to an improvement in the quality of the clubs in Scotland’s second tier.

Laszlo said: “It is a massive game for us.

“Every single team in the Championship is really dangerous.

“I think this season that the Championship will be very interesting indeed.

“You have maybe five or six teams at the same level and there are others who can hurt you and spring a surprise.

“There is just one team, Alloa, that is part-time and the rest are all full-time.

“For this reason I think this season it will be very tough.

“It will be the team that is the fittest and luckiest team that will win (the league).”

[/I]

Embarrassing that he is our manager... Mike Martin, well done, great decision to keep him on based on nothing but stability most of us knew we'd never have under him

The only manager in the world that believes you need to be lucky to win the league.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)