+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warne Interview on 5Live Saturday

Warne Interview on 5Live Saturday

Anyone listen to Warnes interview on 5 live yesterday about 2pm. They also interviewed Harris from Millwall.

Both said in effect the Championship transfers have gone totally bonkers. Harris said even after their great run second half last season they couldnt improve their squad on their wage budget - even with the spin of a club pushing for promotion. Wages were totally out of their league. What realistic chance do we have without risking a boom bust business model?

Warne came over brilliantly by the way. A real credit to our club. Many wont appreciate his style. He says, in essense, the shouting type ranting and raving managers are a thing of the past. Modern managers have to do it differently. He says he wants to be the type of manager he would have wanted as a player. Looks like the guy has built deep respect and strong bonds throughout the squad based on real club and family values (if that is considered akin a green tea drinking sandal wearing group that I read on another thread then you have it totally wrong - this is the way football management is shifting).

He said our battle is with (I think he phrased it as) other incidental clubs. He wants us to win the battle of the lower league teams.

I hope he is allowed build a strong club based on these principles for many years whether we stay up or get relegated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06gkl57
    Last edited by frogmiller; 05-08-2018 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Input of the link

Paul Warne is going to the very top, I have no doubt about that at all. I just hope that he's still with us when it happens.

We will be going to Africa next to teach them about Christianity.I am sorry but this is a cut throat game now.Millwall you says like us in the money situation but they have adapted to the Championship by playing the hard to beat system,we still play like a nice bunch of lads so that's ok.I don't expect us to compete with the money side of the game but please don't wave the white flag in November again.Before you lot start having a go YES I do care & it hurts but we you have to learn.

Building a strong team ethos is an important part of ensuring that we don't wave the white flag in November. That is what Warne is good at.

The 2016/17 season was over by November. Stubbs recruited badly (in fairness, joining the club late didn't help) and the squad was a group of players rather than a team.

Agree with sota that Warne could really build something at Rotherham given time and support.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Building a strong team ethos is an important part of ensuring that we don't wave the white flag in November. That is what Warne is good at.

The 2016/17 season was over by November. Stubbs recruited badly (in fairness, joining the club late didn't help) and the squad was a group of players rather than a team.

Agree with sota that Warne could really build something at Rotherham given time and support.
    But again Kerr you don't get time in this business with the chairman or the fans.Nice guy Paul but it soon wears thin in today's market.

All I will say is this
    Let’s not start slagging off TS,the club,PW or whoever after ONE game.we have to build the siege mentality (like millwall) as a club and that means the fans as well. Brentford was always going to be difficult and yes we’ve lost heavily but it’s 1 game.I actually think we’ll beat Ipswich and learn from this.lets get behind Warney he’s a breath of fresh air before someone with a bigger budget realises his 21st century thinking and management of people has benefits and tempts him away.

If the supporters manage to drive Warne out, that would be a huge mistake. They succeeded with Moore and Redfearn, both of whom needed more time (although it could be argued that Redfearn's departure was vindicated by what followed). Stubbs was a disaster.

I would like to think that Stewart has learned something and won't knee jerk if yesterday's result turns out to be prophetic.

If the supporters manage to drive Warne out, that would be a huge mistake. They succeeded with Moore and Redfearn
    ???
    From what I remember, most of the Millers fans wanted Ronnie to stay, and were taken by surprise by the decision to sack him.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 05-08-2018 at 07:29 AM.

The good news is we won’t be hit with an embargo, keep the good work going TS, use your head Warney and we will be fine

Agree never thought we’d be back in this league so quickly he does need time and given the comments of Neil Harris at Millwall we will have our work cut out to keep ourselves here but if anyone will do this it is Paul Warne

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast