+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John McGinn?

John McGinn?

Reports springing up that we are making a late bid.
    Earlier this year, there were rumours we were going for McGeouch. Is it just TM's Hibernian connection?
    He's a really good player, but we certainly aren't short in central midfield.
    If he came, he would definitely be a regular starter, but I'm a bit sceptical about the whole thing.

Apparently, he was outstanding in Hibernian's 3-0 defeat of Motherwell.
    Brighton are interested, as well as Celtic. We may be talking 4 million pounds, now.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Apparently, he was outstanding in Hibernian's 3-0 defeat of Motherwell.
    Brighton are interested, as well as Celtic. We may be talking 4 million pounds, now.

I have asked around about this one Auks. I must admit I cant add anything?
    It seems we are very interested, TM is a long term fan of this lad, and feels he will be a good addition. But he has come available now, and by all accounts he has asked for more money as we don't want to lose out on him. Mowbray states he will be worth 3 times this soon.
    But it isn't taking away the budget we have for the players we are currently chasing. As in, we still expect Armstrong to come in later today (all being well) and are still very much in for Chapman and Nmache.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I have asked around about this one Auks. I must admit I cant add anything?
    It seems we are very interested, TM is a long term fan of this lad, and feels he will be a good addition. But he has come available now, and by all accounts he has asked for more money as we don't want to lose out on him. Mowbray states he will be worth 3 times this soon.
    But it isn't taking away the budget we have for the players we are currently chasing. As in, we still expect Armstrong to come in later today (all being well) and are still very much in for Chapman and Nmache.
    Champs, picking up your point from the other thread, do you really think we could get McGinn for just over 2 million?
    That would be an enormous bargain. I'm hoping other clubs (as well as Brighton) which are likely to be in bottom half of the PL haven't been alerted. If there's a bidding-war, I can't see we'd win it. I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 million on the table.

I would rather we spent that budget on a centre forward to push Graham
    As good as he is,it will make a crowded midfield even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs, picking up your point from the other thread, do you really think we could get McGinn for just over 2 million?
    That would be an enormous bargain. I'm hoping other clubs (as well as Brighton) which are likely to be in bottom half of the PL haven't been alerted. If there's a bidding-war, I can't see we'd win it. I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 million on the table.

Armstrong was a steal. And we held on and on and on until the deal was correct for BRFC. And we signed an England international for £1.75 m. Not £10m that Stoke paid for Ince. Or the £10m on Bamford. We get deals done. That's how we do business. Soon people will sit up and take notice that we are becoming a force again. Out scouting and transfer department is excellent. How we do business is refreshing. And a long long way from how we did business under Venkys prior to Mowbray and Waggott. The other forgotten factor, these young talents want to come to Rovers aswell. Which should tell you alot. Armstrong was desperate to come here. Think about that. He had alot of offers.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I would rather we spent that budget on a centre forward to push Graham
    As good as he is,it will make a crowded midfield even more so.
    We are definitely in for a striker. Chapman is hoping to join but as it's a loan, we have more time. I think we are looking to spend quite a bit, but the centre forward is likely to be a loan.

I think still lack real quality in centre mid. That's where the ££ needs to be spent. This lad from Hibs ticks every box. 23, great engine, scores goals ( Smallwood and Evans don't do that) and can defend. That's a step up from what we have. That's the name of the game. Not sit and tread water. Every step we take,is a step forward.

That is a fair enough point champs and I totally get it
    I would just rather sort the thin areas out before looking at a well stocked one
    Davenport is a top player and rothwell is no slouch so I am not sure it's an area that needs attention.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)