+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RIP Barry Chuckle

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Sad but true. The Chuckles lived just up the road from me back in the fifties. Nice lads.
    That would be Lockwood Close. You must know Brin.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Private funeral at NYS on Fri 17th Aug at 12:55

fans are welcome to line the streets around the ground
    Give him a Millers send off if you can get there

UTM Barry

Looks like he had a good send off with plenty turning up to pay their respects. Nice to see a bit of national media coverage too!
    RIP Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    That would be Lockwood Close. You must know Brin.
    sota, good to hear from you. The Chuckles lived next door to the girl of my dreams. I lived down the hill on Ridgeway. Brin I believe lived just opposite me on Farnworth road (?) but he's a few years younger than me and I think we may have moved to Kilnhurst before he moved to East Herringthorpe.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    sota, good to hear from you. The Chuckles lived next door to the girl of my dreams. I lived down the hill on Ridgeway. Brin I believe lived just opposite me on Farnworth road (?) but he's a few years younger than me and I think we may have moved to Kilnhurst before he moved to East Herringthorpe.
    Sota/Monty, I lived on Lockwood Road number 35 last house on the right as it joined Farnsworth Road at the bottom. 1967 - 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Looks like he had a good send off with plenty turning up to pay their respects. Nice to see a bit of national media coverage too!
    RIP Barry!
    I'll echo your words.

Kept many a child occupied with his crazy show (including my kids from my family)

RIP

Nice write up on the BBC website. Folks came from far and wide. If RUFC had a hall of fame it wouldn't be very big but he would be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Sota/Monty, I lived on Lockwood Road number 35 last house on the right as it joined Farnsworth Road at the bottom. 1967 - 75.
    As I thought. I left 4 years before Brin arrived having lived on Ridgeway 1952-1963.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Nice write up on the BBC website. Folks came from far and wide. If RUFC had a hall of fame it wouldn't be very big but he would be in there.
    bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-45219285

That’s the link that seems to not work for , ****ed this site lately

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345