I've had an exchange with Nigel Clibbens who told me that the Club budget for 4600-4700 EACH SEASON. He also said that ticket sales account for only around 30% of total income, most of that being sales on match-days.

That seems a bit ridiculous to me. If that's accurate then the Club must be budgeting for loads of sponsorship, shop sales and advertising revenue which is as inconsistent as attendances.

I think it was Andrew Lapping who said that each extra ticket sale added, on average, £11 to net Club income. Losing a thousand off the gate could therefore lose the Club £11k each time it happened if it also works the other way. Our problem is that, this season, I can foresee that happening quite often as folk decide to find other things to do. 10 games with 3600 coming in means a budget shortfall of £110k.

It's hard to see how our financial situation will get any better in the near future, though a bit of cash from Wyke's transfer to Sunderland might keep the wolf from the door for a few months.

We can only pray for a miracle on the pitch to bring the crowds back and yesterday's great start at Exeter should, er, oh wait.....