+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OT-Ben Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Where do I say I believe it and that I've made my mind up? Read my words again 'if you believe this account'..........................

If the jury go for this account, the boy's in trouble, affray can carry a hefty sentence. It's more serious than assault and easier to prove and if they accept the elements of homophobia, the judge will hammer him.
    It’s the case for the prosecution. It’s their job to present the incident in the worst possible way for Stokes. No one should be “believing anything” until they’ve heard both the prosecution and the defence case.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It’s the case for the prosecution. It’s their job to present the incident in the worst possible way for Stokes. No one should be “believing anything” until they’ve heard both the prosecution and the defence case.
    Maybe so, but the people who believed Stokes was defending two gay men who were being picked on look a bit foolish now. Also, Stokes would be well advised not to give a death stare to photographers he is passing on the way to court. See picture in linked article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-45097840

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Maybe so, but the people who believed Stokes was defending two gay men who were being picked on look a bit foolish now. Also, Stokes would be well advised not to give a death stare to photographers he is passing on the way to court. See picture in linked article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-45097840
    The only reason people believed it is because that is what the media were saying at the time and who is to say that version isn't correct !

We can all draw our own conclusions after those two have spoken and Stokes himself.

I noticed yesterday the one out of the armed forces didn't want to press charges you can see why now after the CCTV yesterday shows all 3 of them in a bad light and not just the "celeb".

Affray is affray. The images are damning for all concerned and for me, regardless of how the lawyers dress it up, they are all guilty of the actual offence of affray.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Affray is affray. The images are damning for all concerned and for me, regardless of how the lawyers dress it up, they are all guilty of the actual offence of affray.
    Agreed

He's been accused of 'fake mincing' in front of two gay blokes.
    If one of them is 'of colour' the Cricket Hooligan has a Full House.
    When/if he comes out of prison he'll look like that weather vane at Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    He's been accused of 'fake mincing' in front of two gay blokes.
    If one of them is 'of colour' the Cricket Hooligan has a Full House.
    When/if he comes out of prison he'll look like that weather vane at Lords.
    They also showed the vid where he flicked a cig end at someone's head, it was very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    They also showed the vid where he flicked a cig end at someone's head, it was very clear.
    Probably not the first time he's had a butt thrust at his face.

One of them has been acquitted.

What did you base your decision on?

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Probably not the first time he's had a butt thrust at his face.
    If wit was tit, you wouldn't need a bra.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast