+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT-Ben Stokes

OT-Ben Stokes

He's in court in a couple of days, if he gets a conviction for assault, I assume that's any Australian Ashes series in the bin as he presumably won't get a visa with a criminal record?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    He's in court in a couple of days, if he gets a conviction for assault, I assume that's any Australian Ashes series in the bin as he presumably won't get a visa with a criminal record?
    I thought it got you full citizenship (the old'uns are the best)

As ashes series generate huge amounts of revenue I wouldn't be surprised if some loophole were found. Big money will always dictate the outcome, and at present Stokes is a big draw.

Oscar Wilde arrives by ship at Sydney
    "Mr Wilde, I understand you have a criminal record?"
    OW: "Of course. Do you still need one of those to live here?"

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Oscar Wilde arrives by ship at Sydney
    "Mr Wilde, I understand you have a criminal record?"
    OW: "Of course. Do you still need one of those to live here?"
    I thought the punch line waa 'didn't realise you still needed one' but moving on, will they let Stokes in with a conviction for violence should he get one?

I thought the punch line waa 'didn't realise you still needed one' but moving on, will they let Stokes in with a conviction for violence should he get one?
    None of us was there when the 'affray' took place but obviously Stokesy was involved. We can only go on news reports and that blurred video. I think he will be found guilty and fined ...... but barred from Oz, I don't think so. This will be determined by the ICC or ECB and not the Aussie government. Mind you if barred by the Aussies, it could lead to another 1932 'bodyline' type fracas.

I'm guessing he will be let in but who is to say he will be in the team in 3 years time lots can happen loss of form or injuries etc.

Also its only fair to say two others have been charged as well as Stokes now we will find out what really happened all we know is Stokes knocked one to the floor but what happened before that ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    None of us was there when the 'affray' took place but obviously Stokesy was involved. We can only go on news reports and that blurred video. I think he will be found guilty and fined ...... but barred from Oz, I don't think so. This will be determined by the ICC or ECB and not the Aussie government. Mind you if barred by the Aussies, it could lead to another 1932 'bodyline' type fracas.
    That's not true at all, neither the ICC or the ECB have jurisdiction of visas for Australia and you have to declare all convictions, it's then up to them if they let you in.

That's not true at all, neither the ICC or the ECB have jurisdiction of visas for Australia and you have to declare all convictions, it's then up to them if they let you in.
    True but he has to get 12 months or more for that to happen.

He or the other two will not get over one year in jail I mean you can kill people and do less than 5 years!

Sorry, worded incorrectly.The ECB & probably the ICC will determine whether he will be eligible to be picked. Then as you say it's up to the Aussie government as to whether they let him in ...... If they say no...... then that's it - and as I said...... further repercussions could evolve.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast