+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: OT-Ben Stokes

Tale even ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Agreed Sid, I personally can't stand criket but I followed this story in the news, the footage shown of the fight was apauling, to me it looked like Stokes was the instigator, a couple of minutes earlier he was verbally abusing and treatening the bouncer and then comes to the aid of 2 gay guys... I think not
    Surprising how people on a football forum know more than the people who are in court actually seeing and hearing the evidence first hand and not snippets on the news or in the press.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Surprising how people on a football forum know more than the people who are in court actually seeing and hearing the evidence first hand and not snippets on the news or in the press.
    I actually commented earlier in the thread, that I watched the 4 minutes? of evidence of Stokes outside the club and couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about?

Having owned bars in St Anns, Radford Road, Hyson Green, Mansfield town centre, Alfreton, Warsop and Stanton Hill.....nothing in that video could be construed as anything more threatening than a "FRIENDLY CHAT".....it's not until the bottles start flying, along with the table they were balanced on, pool cues and normal pub bric-a-brac that anyone decided to bat an eyelid.......machetes, baseball bats and even the odd high-powered nail gun have been known to be used, though that case was dropped by the CPS after the main witness mysteriously disappeared after a visit to Hardwick Hall Park one night at 10pm in a white van....true story and one of the reasons I like the relative quiet of the Mexican countryside.

But Hale has expressed his dismay that Stokes was not charged with assault. A statement issued by legal representatives Bobbetts Mackan Solicitors & Advocates said: “Both Mr Hale and Mr Ali were knocked unconscious by Mr Stokes, and although Mr Stokes has been acquitted of an affray, Mr Hale struggles with the reasons why the Crown Prosecution Service did not treat him as a victim of an unlawful assault.”
    Wheels within wheels, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    But Hale has expressed his dismay that Stokes was not charged with assault. A statement issued by legal representatives Bobbetts Mackan Solicitors & Advocates said: “Both Mr Hale and Mr Ali were knocked unconscious by Mr Stokes, and although Mr Stokes has been acquitted of an affray, Mr Hale struggles with the reasons why the Crown Prosecution Service did not treat him as a victim of an unlawful assault.”
    Wheels within wheels, methinks.
    Mr Hale is probably after some compo now he knows who Stokes is !

I'd be asking him why was he walking around with a bottle and a metal pole at 2am as I can't see many people walking the streets after a night out with those two objects

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567