+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: OT-Ben Stokes

I thought this would be the verdict after the comments yesterday seems a gross waste of time to me it took this long to get to court.

He might not play for England this year though as the ECB could punish him and Hales now the case is over for what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I thought this would be the verdict after the comments yesterday seems a gross waste of time to me it took this long to get to court.

He might not play for England this year though as the ECB could punish him and Hales now the case is over for what happened.
    Latest news is he's in the squad for Trent Bridge. Hmmmn .... an interesting decision. Is he there purely to let him know he's still in the Squad but they don't pick him ... or are they thinking of playing him?

Are they thinking (if the TB track looks a featherbed) to ignore spin and get the extra pace bowler and better batsman by dropping Rachid .... or possibly .......drop Cookie, promote Bairstow to opener and give the gloves to Buttler?

Several permutations as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I know a self-obsessed thug when I see one. May this 'gentleman' enjoy spending at least two years at HMP where his attitude might be honed into something resembling a caring human being.
    Obviously the jury didn't agree with your assessment of him Sid.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Obviously the jury didn't agree with your assessment of him Sid.
    Sid lives in la la land with Harry the Heron....some guy punches someone and deserves 2 years in jail?.....jeez give me strength....next thing is he will be telling us that all Muslims are great people and just happen to drive on the pavements by accident

So it's fine and dandy to go out get pi**ed as a tw*t smack someone (which by his aggressive pose on the pre night pose photo suggested was the likely outcome of the night) and totally get away with it is it. The incorrect charge let him off.Had it been actual bodily harm we would be looking at a different verdict. The video evidence is there for all to see as is the victims photos. He should never play for England again and neither should Games. Complete pr**s in my h and h opinion.

Games should read Hales; jeez I wanna smack predictive text.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    So it's fine and dandy to go out get pi**ed as a tw*t smack someone (which by his aggressive pose on the pre night pose photo suggested was the likely outcome of the night) and totally get away with it is it. The incorrect charge let him off.Had it been actual bodily harm we would be looking at a different verdict. The video evidence is there for all to see as is the victims photos. He should never play for England again and neither should Games. Complete pr**s in my h and h opinion.
    Meanwhile the 2 gay guys have gone public to thank Stokesy for stepping in to save them from a potential attack from 2 queer-bashers armed with a length of metal and a beer bottle.....Stokes should be knighted and receive the Freedom of Bristol.....the guy is a hero.

Blimey Judge Judy, don't get your knickers in a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Meanwhile the 2 gay guys have gone public to thank Stokesy for stepping in to save them from a potential attack from 2 queer-bashers armed with a length of metal and a beer bottle.....Stokes should be knighted and receive the Freedom of Bristol.....the guy is a hero.
    I don't see Ben Stokes as the kind of bloke to come riding along on his white horse to defend a couple of brown hatters, it ain't gonna happen. Having seen the footage I really hope no member of my family comes across the likes of him defending themselves.

I agree with you mate , I don't think Stokes should ever play for England again but he will .

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast