+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table 2018-19

Just one set of games to go, about to kick off. From yesterday’s games, the top two got three points between them - not saying who’s doing better though. So far it’s a low scoring week with Groups B and C yielding only one correct score. Top scorers have 4 points, and there’s one competitor with nowt.

More later.........

No Piglet, not Brunton Park. The correct answer was Oil of Ulay - it was a trick question see?

And it’s HUGE congratulations to NZBlue who held his nerve to take top spot for the second year running. That was a magnificent performance, passing the leaders in the home straight and taking it with a solid last-day 7 points. The bookies must tremble when they see him coming. Howoldboy and Pete were only 3 points behind which, after 40 games, has to go down as a near miss.

So, whatever you’re doing, please put it down and put your hands together for a few seconds in appreciation. Then keep clapping to thank yourselves for taking part.

At the wrong end we have two wooden-spoonists. Take a bow Alf and Chalky who can each claim that there was someone equally as bad as them. Mind, when you look at it they were only a point a week off the top spot. Small margins, eh?

Average this week was 4.9. Crusha’s 8 lifted him to 6th. Pete top-scored with 9.

Beyond that it’s all over bar the shouting. I’m just glad to have finished top half. Can I thank you all for playing; it’s a commitment to stick with it for 40 weeks and from top to bottom you’ve all played a stormer. So thanks again and I’ll be back with next season’s effort in August. Meanwhile, don’t be strangers - I’ll be around every day making sure that a hacker doesn’t climb in through a window and claim asylum. Feel free to use this site as your holiday home, and have a great Summer.

1=NZBlue....................(7) 243 CHAMPION
    2= Howoldboy..............(4) 240
    2= Pete........................(9) 240
    4= Buc.........................(5) 229
    4= Mullen.....................(5) 229
    6= Acido.......................(6) 221
    6=Crusha......................(8) 221
    8 Griff...........................(5) 220
    9= AussieBranch.......(dne2) 217
    9= Piglet.......................(3) 217
    11 Southblue.................(7) 213
    12 Cayambe..................(4) 211
    13 Altobelli....................(2) 208
    14 Psaw........................(3) 207
    15 Gaz..........................(4) 205
    16= Alf..........................(2) 203
    16= Chalky....................(5) 203
    EOB................................(2) 85

And, of course.....the AML

1 NZBlue..............243
    2 AussieBranch....217

Congratulation NZBlue.
    And thanks very much Griff for you dedicated hard work producing another successful and thoroughly enjoyable predictocomp. Can't wait for next season.

Thanks for that Griff - a truly satisfying last day, although a late Norwich goal denied me of outright fifth place I will take that every time.

Also thanks for arranging it all Griff, I would thank you personally but my neck is bad and it would mean me 'looking over my shoulder' to do so, say hello to Piglet for me as I know that he is behind me with you, just a bit further back

Also congratulations to NZ Blue.

Many Thanks Griff and well done NZBlue

Well done NZ

Thanks Griff

Thanks Gents , looking forward to next season and the attempt at the treble

Thanks Griff and well done NZ Blue ..Iwill e back next season to defend my joint bottom place with Chalky..lol

Aye well done NZBlue .

Well deserved .. nice to see it getting competitive during the last few weeks well-done everyone for making the effort every week.
    Was also nice to compete with posters from different teams and different cities even as far as New Zealand.
    Last edited by Disco Buc; 07-05-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)