+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UEFA play off draw Monday

UEFA play off draw Monday

Time to get ready ideas for the next trip.

We or Istanbul are in Group 5 and not seeded as we have no UEFA earned points. ( unlike Zenit etc who play most years) We will be drawn against one of the top 5 seeded game winners likely to be one of

Zenit
    Olympiakos
    Genk
    Braga
    Feyenoord.

Or their conquerors

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleagu...round=2000989/

Rotterdam Genk or Braga in Portugal would be an easy trip. Pity it’s not Edinburgh! Lol

Only trouble is, to travel we will need 12000 loyalty points, a retina scan, definitive proof of five generations of being Burnley fans in the family and at least one must have attended the 1914 Cup Final, passport, home utility bill, airline ticket, blood test results and a contribution of not less than £100.00 to the Prostrate Cancer Relief Fund. I don't think I will bother.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Only trouble is, to travel we will need 12000 loyalty points, a retina scan, definitive proof of five generations of being Burnley fans in the family and at least one must have attended the 1914 Cup Final, passport, home utility bill, airline ticket, blood test results and a contribution of not less than £100.00 to the Prostrate Cancer Relief Fund. I don't think I will bother.
    This is the UEFA ruling so not a lot you can do about it. I have watched football in 18 different countries over the years and never had any of the nonsense you have to go through nowadays. It is pathetic really that, as someone approaching 72 years old, I am not a fit person to attend a football match without jumping through hoops!

But there are football matches we can attend without jumping through hoops Sub, as you know, which is why most of my time and money this season will be spent watching non-league. The last time I saw us play was at Stoke back in April, right at this moment I have no idea when the next time will be.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    But there are football matches we can attend without jumping through hoops Sub, as you know, which is why most of my time and money this season will be spent watching non-league. The last time I saw us play was at Stoke back in April, right at this moment I have no idea when the next time will be.
    Very true sinkov, in any case, I won't be travelling abroad to watch the Clarets again because it is costing anough in fuel with the normal matches.
    I was at Ashngton yesterday for the start of the Northern League season and they were 4-0 down after 30 minutes against Blyth who were newly promoted. Ashington came back in the second half and it finished 4-3 so it was good value for my £2 entrance fee. All 7 goals were scored at the same end!
    Next Saturday I shall be at St James Park as a treat from my son who is visiting and it is Newcastle v Spurs so it should be interesting.
    Then it will be down to the Turf on the Thursday and Sunday with no hoops jumped through at all.
    ENjoy your season at Clitheroe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Is that all?

I'm sure when they really concentrate it will be made even harder!

You're starting early up there Sub, we don't go for another two weeks yet. I'm off to Brighouse tomorrow night for another pre-season friendly, they're at the same level as Clitheroe so it should be a good guide, so far they've played the U23s of Stanley, Bolton and Blackburn, two teams from the division above and three from the division below. It's looking good so far, but always hard to judge just where you are when playing teams from different levels. Newcastle and Spurs should be entertaining, although there are never guarantees, you just can't imagine it won't be a cracking game.

Draw starts 11.30 live on UEFA.com

12.30 our time

It’s away to Olympiacos or Lucerne in Switzerland August 23 and 30.

Rangers home to Russia or Luxembourg if they beat Maribor
    Hibs away to Zenit in Russia or Belarus

If Celtic lose they get Latvia or Lithuania
    Last edited by oldcolner; 06-08-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)