+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    He's only just got his own team together though (and it's still happening). Surely he needs time to give him a chance to build something?

How much time should he get?

For me it's early days for this squad and the window to replace the manager is well and truly gone. I just think doing it now would be madness.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    How much time should he get?
    I've answered that about three times already. For me we are now all in with Csaba and we need to give him plenty of time to build something. This season and into next for sure.

Next season! You must have the patience of a saint Terry 😄

Csaba has been manager for the past 10 months - his record is as follows:

Games played : 35 | Won 14 |Drew 9 | Lost 12

The poor league cup performance has ramped up the pressure, along with defeats last season to the likes of Morton, Dumbarton, Queen of the South and Falkirk.

Whatever happens, it's going to be a long hard season.

If United do decide to appoint a new manager I think it should be with a proviso that they only get once chance ( this season ) to earn United promotion and that if unsuccessful the contract would be reviewed at end of season.

United don't have a budget to risk anymore than a one season contract - any manager, including Csaba, would agree to this if they are confident in their own ability and skills to gain promotion.
    Last edited by ClashCityRocker; 08-08-2018 at 12:24 PM.

This season and into next for sure.[/QUOTE]

Really TTT? With respect, that is an extreme point of view. You are saying the board should keep the man in the job even if he continues this run of historic home defeats right through to the next season? That, I suspect, would undermine the notion of stability due to discontentment and unrest within the support.

I've answered that about three times already. For me we are now all in with Csaba and we need to give him plenty of time to build something. This season and into next for sure.
    I think it's pretty clear from what the board has said that they want to back the manager, but also that United's continued position in the Championship is unsustainable financially.

It's all very well giving CL time - I agree that sacking him now after he has been allowed to build this squad will not reflect well on the board - but it's still the logical decision if results don't improve in the next 3/4 games.

Shabba hasn't given any indication that he is capable of getting results, regardless of the players at his disposal. Yes, it's early doors for this squad, but do you see anything about his leadership thus far that suggests he can galvanise them to challenge for the league?

It may be short-termism or cut-throat, but we need immediate results. We needed them in January.

It wouldn't take a miracle for a new manager to get us challenging for this league, even with a squad built by someone else. There's plenty of previous examples of managers who have had an immediate positive impact using robust tactics, motivation and limited but shrewd signings.

It is important we get up this season, if we keep this clown for the season we will be fighting relegation. The guy has shown that tactically he doesn't have a clue. Plays people out of position, the fact he brought Lyng on against Livvy goes to show he doesn't have a clue. He brought him on in the first play off game against the Pars when they were down to 10 men. It meant that we were basically down to 10 as well as no one would pass to him. He then drops him completely in the second leg, not even on the bench then out of the blue he comes on in the first Livvy game and immediately gives a goal away. This season already he has played Aird on the left wing when it is obvious he cannot cross with his left foot and has to cut back onto his right. Playing Jamie Robson at right back against Falkirk. The list of Czaba cock ups goes on and on. He should never have been kept on but he must be punted now before we are too far behind.

Sacking Csaba makes no sense at all now. If it happens then the board have failed the club miserably.
    The board have failed the club miserably by keeping this clown on. He should have been away after the 3-0 vs Morton.

or the defeats from Falkirk ,Dumbarton, QoS

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)