+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manager Watch.

Laurie Ellis is still here despite having a strong connection to Ray McKinnon. Berger and the fitness coach have both been in their respective jobs for a month? So why is just assumed they must go?

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    Laurie Ellis is still here despite having a strong connection to Ray McKinnon. Berger and the fitness coach have both been in their respective jobs for a month? So why is just assumed they must go?
    Berger has to go because he’s Csaba’s man. Whoever we bring in is unlikely to want or need him. No problem with fitness coach can staying if he’s decent but on evidence so far this season, he’s not. We’ve generally started ok and scored first only to concede after the 60 min mark. We don’t look fit.

For the record, I’d get rid of Ellis too. 2 decent results when he was interim but he’s been coach for 2 full seasons and the start of this one and I’m struggling to think of a player who’s improved. In fact the ones who’ve been here the longest; Robson, Edge, Murdoch etc seem to be the biggest let downs. Complete revamp of the first team staff required.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    We don’t look fit.
    Can't agree with this at all. There have been plenty of criticisms rightly levelled at Csaba over the last few months but I just don't think this is the case at all. I've never thought the players looked unfit in any match we've played.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Can't agree with this at all. There have been plenty of criticisms rightly levelled at Csaba over the last few months but I just don't think this is the case at all. I've never thought the players looked unfit in any match we've played.
    Barton for one was blawin oot his arse after 60 minutes on Saturday and even Stanton didnt look as energetic as he usually is. The couple of other people who ive spoke to who were there on Saturday have said that as well, along with many others on the net.

Our players weren’t near Dunfermline for fitness. For likes of Curran and Loemba that’s understandable but for rest is unacceptable.

We all know why though. We didn’t play enough pre-season games and then treated the league cup as a pre-season and played every game at a snails pace. Meanwhile Dunfermline went into every game to win and kept their intensity high. They weren’t happy to settle for 1-0 vs Peterhead (as we were vs Arbroath and Alloa only to mess it up), they won 3-0. Went away to Dundee and worked hard to win 1-0. Travelled to Brechin, could’ve settled for an easy 2 or 3 but they scored 7 and lastly even though they were already through they put 3 past Stirling at home.

It’s not a coincidence there was nothing between teams in first 45 and then a massive swing in last half an hour.

Our players weren’t near Dunfermline for fitness. For likes of Curran and Loemba that’s understandable but for rest is unacceptable.

We all know why though. We didn’t play enough pre-season games and then treated the league cup as a pre-season and played every game at a snails pace. Meanwhile Dunfermline went into every game to win and kept their intensity high. They weren’t happy to settle for 1-0 vs Peterhead (as we were vs Arbroath and Alloa only to mess it up), they won 3-0. Went away to Dundee and worked hard to win 1-0. Travelled to Brechin, could’ve settled for an easy 2 or 3 but they scored 7 and lastly even though they were already through they put 3 past Stirling at home.

It’s not a coincidence there was nothing between teams in first 45 and then a massive swing in last half an hour.
    ^^^This^^^

Rabitsch being hooked at half time because he was heading for a second yellow was the pivotal moment, they had no mid field stability during the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    Rabitsch being hooked at half time because he was heading for a second yellow was the pivotal moment, they had no mid field stability during the second half.
    That was a factor, but losing Rabitsch did not create that second half performance. IMO both sides lining up 442 cancelled each other out.

I thought Barton was pretty poor throughout (was astonished he got MoM), but that Csaba got the subbie spot on. In fact, it highlighted his error, in not having Aird on from the start and Stanton in midfield. I'd have had Stanton and Barton/Rabitsch with Aird on one side and Loemba on the other.

But their (match) fitness certainly showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    That was a factor, but losing Rabitsch did not create that second half performance. IMO both sides lining up 442 cancelled each other out.

I thought Barton was pretty poor throughout (was astonished he got MoM), but that Csaba got the subbie spot on. In fact, it highlighted his error, in not having Aird on from the start and Stanton in midfield. I'd have had Stanton and Barton/Rabitsch with Aird on one side and Loemba on the other.

But their (match) fitness certainly showed.
    Looks like we’ve just signed another squad member. Despite the poor start, the angst and the gnashing of teeth, I’m hoping that the team will jell and be bang at it soon to quote a previous manager 😜

Often wonder what you watch Terry, we were clearly out on our a*s the last 20-25mins, main culprits were Barton & Stanton, could throw Curran into that but he's been injured etc, Arbroath looked fitter than us and they train twice a wk.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)