+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That’s what happens....

That’s what happens....

When you line up with a back 5 and 3 defensive midfielders. I saw this result coming, seconds after the line up was released. How can Duffy (our only creative midfielder) not get into this side? Absolutely no link between midfield and attack last night, which was predictable as soon as the line up was announced.

Yes we need a marquee striker to still come through the door, but judging off this, our priority is an attacking midfielder as it seems Wilder would rather play lundstram next to two ball winners, rather than anyone who can create something. Also, why did we wait so long to address this issue last night?

It even makes letting Ricky Holmes go (who has never been given a chance) seem daft.

I thought Barrie McKay was very good for them how come we can't pick the 1.5 mil player up

We already have the Attacking midfielder. Fleck can play that role but he doesn't seem to want to, or he's being told not to.

There was nothing better than watching Fleck for that 18 month period where he picked the ball up in midfield, he'd advance 30 yards, draw defenders in and then slip a ball in for Clarke or Sharp or a ball in behind the full backs for Stephens or Duffy.
    But all that has gone now for some reason

Lundstram and Evans cannot do what a fully fit Coutts can do.

Coutts could sit in and give Fleck licence to go forward, but he could also be effective if he went forward himself.

Evans and Lundstram don't do either job particularly well, especially the going forward bit

Coutts absence has had a massive effect on Fleck, he just isn't the same player because he's also adopted a more cautious style and the strikers are suffering because of the cautious sideways and backwards football.

They're trying to make runs and they're trying to find space but the ball just isn't coming

Get Fleck doing what he was doing and we will look better, maybe Evans OR Lundstram will look better too

Quote Originally Posted by woodysrightfoot View Post
    I thought Barrie McKay was very good for them how come we can't pick the 1.5 mil player up

Because we'd offer £800,000 And it would get rejected

Then £900,000
    Then a £1,000,000 final offer and a word to the newspapers that we won't be held to ransom

Then Swansea or somebody would come in and say

"Hello is that Nottingham Forest"
    "Yes"
    "How much do you want for McKay"
    "£1.5 million"
    "Ok, here you go"

Job done

Just a thought BLADES,if we'd've won 2-1 yesdi and someone had posted r8 that's us on our way to the top 2 and auto promotion i wonder how many wudda said shurrup that's only 1 that's ONE game we've played? We're DOOMED, DOOMED i tell ya.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Just a thought BLADES,if we'd've won 2-1 yesdi and someone had posted r8 that's us on our way to the top 2 and auto promotion i wonder how many wudda said shurrup that's only 1 that's ONE game we've played? We're DOOMED, DOOMED i tell ya.UTCB
    I suppose it's not the defeat, but the manner of the defeat

If we'd won yesterday playing like that, I don't think any of us would be getting carried away about the top 2

The weakness's were still there for all to see

Only way is up

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    I suppose it's not the defeat, but the manner of the defeat

If we'd won yesterday playing like that, I don't think any of us would be getting carried away about the top 2

The weakness's were still there for all to see

Only way is up
    Of course there are weaknesses 58,all teams have weaknesses my point is some are goin way over the top in my view, if by Xmas we aint won a game then i think we can say we are gunna struggle for the season. UTCB

for a start and i know its old hat but it has to be either lundstrum or evans only 1 of these 2 should ever be in midfield as for fleck hes got to be playing to instructions so i think chris got it wrong and im sure he knows he got it wrong yesterday but weve got to get back to the fast tempo pace of football that has got us this far this slow sideways back possesion football just isnt our game and most of our fans know it isnt hence all the frustration so cmon chris lets get back to going at teams and cut all this tippy tappy stuff out

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    How do you score two goals when you only have one shot on target.

think that was one of the biggest dissapointments yesterday we created nothing

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast