+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: That’s what happens....

It's shocking how little football benefit McCabe's foreign ventures led to

i agree with carpe if players are wanting to go to bigger clubs for treble the money their on with us whats the point of having a rigid pay structure we need better quality in the side to make things happen and thats gonna cost wether its british or foreign signings some big decisions coming up for the club in the next few months

Don't think we had any young talent from Inter or Sao Paulo play for us, or any Hungarian starlets.

So the 'network of clubs', which seemed to be Scott McCabe's baby, produced no benifit other than a few of our players getting games for Fradi and Hao Haidong coaching our kids. 'triffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    It makes sense that if there's no value in the English market we should be looking to the massive pool of talent in Europe. It 's not like it's new to us, Flo, Marcelo, Borbokis ... all players that left their mark. It's almost negligent how we've ignored the market, especially with all the McCabes' big talk of a network of clubs covering four continents.

CW can pluck lower league talent and within his system and structure get reasoable performances, but we're not going to find a player like Saiz at Oxford or Northampton we can pick up for a million or two. We need to be making our money go further, we need more innovation when it comes to recruitment.
    Imagine having borbokis, Marcelo, or any foreign player with a bit of flare in our side now. We’d be almost better than an average side. We have to think and act like an ambitious club. We appear to be narrow minded. Scary really.

yeah but are we an ambitious club bb i agree to a certain extent with you we have to look abroad most other clubs are doing this and were just gonna stand still or even worse if we dont adapt to modern football thinking

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    It's shocking how little football benefit McCabe's foreign ventures led to
    Its shocking he can be around it for so long and how little football savvy he has, yet he talks like he has a UEFA A licence

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yeah but are we an ambitious club bb i agree to a certain extent with you we have to look abroad most other clubs are doing this and were just gonna stand still or even worse if we dont adapt to modern football thinking
    In an interview Wilder said that everyone knew the 'going rate' for Championship players and that the idea that you can pick up cheap diamonds from overseas was way out of date. In the end, I guess he prefers to watch players before we get them in, not just looking at Youtube videos of kids in the French Div.2 and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    In an interview Wilder said that everyone knew the 'going rate' for Championship players and that the idea that you can pick up cheap diamonds from overseas was way out of date. In the end, I guess he prefers to watch players before we get them in, not just looking at Youtube videos of kids in the French Div.2 and hope for the best.
    With respect, Wilder is either deluded or being wilfully obstinate. I can understand how he'd prefer to watch players, but that's why you have a network of trusted scouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    With respect, Wilder is either deluded or being wilfully obstinate. I can understand how he'd prefer to watch players, but that's why you have a network of trusted scouts.
    I'm not saying he doesn't have trusted scouts, but how wide can we sensibly cast the net? Do we send our scouts on the off chance that we find what we're looking for in Portugal or in the Italian second division, or wherever. Its easy to say 'you know, just get some foreign player in, they must be better than what we've got, and we can get em for a song', but I suspect reality is a long way away from this.

Does anyone know how many scouts we have?

Quote Originally Posted by mwblade View Post
    Its shocking he can be around it for so long and how little football savvy he has, yet he talks like he has a UEFA A licence
    Perhaps he shud join BLADESmad and other BLADES forums cos there's plenty of experts knockin around to gi him and the club advice.By the way is there anyone on here who has a UEFA A Licence i wonder.UTCB

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast