+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Dundee United

I think a drop ball should have been the correct decision seen as the referee obstructed our player , leading directly to a goal. Not that it matters now as nothing can change the score but I'll wait for the video evidence for confirmation.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 12-08-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I think a drop ball should have been the correct decision seen as the referee obstructed our player , leading directly to a goal. Not that it matters now as nothing can change the score but I'll wait for the video evidence for confirmation.
    I think you are asking a lot for obstruction from the ref on Dykes as he clearly just ran into the back of him which certainly hindered our player but obstruction never. Both goals we preventable and although a decent finish if you look at the footage from behind the goal I don't think Martin should be beaten from that tight angle.

Naysmith states that they were caught out by the United formation and shape so if this was the case it should not have taken until half time to have countered that by our own change of set up. On the second half performance, once the changes to our shape had been implemented, we certainly deserved to get something out of the game but these slow lethargic starts need to be sorted out as it happens all too frequently.

Must say that the United No 90 Yannick Loemba looked quite exceptional and seemed to have the ball tied to his feet with his close control and was all over the pitch. He was an outlet for them for most of the game and was the best player on the pitch by far.

Spike , Im only saying this from memory having only seen the incident at the game itself. I could well have got that obstruction bit wrong but he was hindered by the ref running into him ( as you said). Dykes lost control of the ball because of the refs action and this then led directly to them scoring . Thats very harsh on a team that actually had possession at the time . At work today but will watch later. Quite an unusual incident as I cant think of this happening before .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 12-08-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Spike , Im only saying this from memory having only seen the incident at the game itself. I could well have got that obstruction bit wrong but he was hindered by the ref running into him ( as you said). Dykes lost control of the ball because of the refs action and this then led directly to them scoring . Thats very harsh on a team that actually had possession at the time . At work today but will watch later. Quite an unusual incident as I cant think of this happening before .
    Obstruction or not. Queens were lucky not to be 4 or 5 down at half time. A dreadful 1st half and that was against a poor Dundee side. I beg to differ with manager. Formations are a poor argument. It's about how your side imposes themselves on the game and if he is right, why did it take half the game to change our formation. First time I've managed to see queens this season and 3rd bottom would be a success based on that showing. Some players looked heavy, totally one paced, for some reason the players appeared to be reluctant to play the ball wide on the right, 2nd goal Martin should have been off his line to collect the pass through to the goalscorer. I could go on and on. First time in years I have been fearful about the side staying in the division

The usual whinging suspects have their knives sharpened and the booing at half-time was an utter disgrace. We have our limited budget so let’s get behind the team and accusing Naysmith of negative tactics is nonsense. Note that Livi and Falkirk have abandoned their youth academies so watch this space. It was also noted that the attendance at Palmy was something of a recovery so the fans have not deserted them yet.
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 12-08-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Well said Baw Heid and lets have a good vocal support for the team today to start us off on the Centenary journey at Palmerston.

More excellent vocal support from the fans behind the goals again yesterday. What a difference it makes

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    The usual whinging suspects have their knives sharpened and the booing at half-time was an utter disgrace. We have our limited budget so let’s get behind the team and accusing Naysmith of negative tactics is nonsense. Note that Livi and Falkirk have abandoned their youth academies so watch this space. It was also noted that the attendance at Palmy was something of a recovery so the fans have not deserted them yet.
    Isn’t everyone entitled to an opinion ADMIN ? I thought that’s what this messageboard is for !!!!

Having seen this again now, the ref did obstruct Dykes who was favourite for the ball. However , it was accidental . He was static and didnt move towards the ball or Dykes . We suck it up and move on.

People are entitled to their opinions BUT I wonder how likely it is that Queens can dominate the majority of a match against a side of the standing of Dundee United . We gave them a bloody good pummeling for 45 mins and thats not too bad . It didnt go our way on the day, but again , Queens have beat and drew with them plenty times in recent seasons and will do again.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)