+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Queens v Dundee United

Quote Originally Posted by aljard View Post
    Well another 500 mile round trip, another disappointing result , another disappointing crowd. It was clear united were trying to score on the break but our defence was a shambles with fordyce having a nightmare. After reading the Daily record and the article from gary irivine saying he was linked with queens but fizzled out and to say hundreds of players have been released surely Naysmith can find some players crying out for a game. i was shocked to see the ( subs) weans at half time i honestly thought they were youth team. Naysmith should be on the phone getting wee danny back, even burnsy back, as it stands we will be in playoffs , the relegation playoffs. not good enough for our centenary year.

maybe just a tad harsh there aljard but yes its our centenary year and i did expect queens to push the boat out a bit and go for the jugular this season .

I saw quite at few faces at Palmerston that I hadn't seen for a while . Hope they come back and dont just give up the ghost after one defeat . Palmerston looks far better with 2,000 or about fans in there . --------------As has been said countless times, we have got into a horrible habit of doing badly at home whilst getting good results on the road. Of course, its pleasing we are getting points on our travels but not many people are witnessing it . The opposite way about at home with far more locals seeing us struggle for wins. ------- It was the first time I have seen young Declan Tremble and although he didnt get much time to show , he looks to have a powerful physique similar to Ross Ferguson.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 13-08-2018 at 03:24 PM.

No need to phone Dan he was sat just above directors box watching on Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    No need to phone Dan he was sat just above directors box watching on Sat.
    re- maybe i was a bit ott but the A9 is a lonely road to get over the disappointment. bTW has wee danny given up the game?.

Quote Originally Posted by aljard View Post
    re- maybe i was a bit ott but the A9 is a lonely road to get over the disappointment. bTW has wee danny given up the game?.
    If you were dissapointed with a just short of 2,000 crowd then god knows what you would have thought of other recent attendances.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Firstly may I say that Queens were absolutely superb in the second half, and they most definitely deserved a point from that performance.

But oh dear, the first was a different matter and personally I thought 0-2 was decent for us, - with 0-3 possibly being more than fair.

My main gripe is that the no 90, - strolled through the first half and from the 3rd minute I mentioned to everyone around me that he was an exceptional player who was given far too much space.

As has already been mentioned on this board, - Queens cannot afford to wait until half time before sorting out their stall, -and I'm going to mention that old chestnut again. If I could see from the 3rd minute from my vantage point in the main stand that number 90 was ruling the roost and no attempt was made to close him down, - then why can't the manager, - (or one of his backroom staff do likewise) and keep in contact with the touchline?

There were numerous times that I shouted to Sterling to cover the lad, - who was given acres of space on the nearside touchline, - and of course quite rightly Sterling is not going to listen to advice (good bad or indifferent) from a punter! Brilliant though the no 90 undoubtedly is, - the first half was made so easy by our inability to close him down.

My other gripe in the first half was why post Sterling at the 35 yard point at Dundee Utd corners instead of at the half way line?

There was one clearance towards Sterling who was beaten to the ball by the two players around him, - and immediately the ball was inevitably back in the danger zone. At a 'backs to the wall' situation, it is far better to belt the ball into the opposition half and move your defence out, rather than invite trouble.

So to avoid this situation occurring on Saturday against St. Johnstone, - may I politely suggest that the manager has an advisor in the main stand, making an assessment of the game, - and keeping in touch with him via radio or some other legal advice....a mobile phone and texts?

Despite these gripes, - I thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd half, and like everyone in the ground, I couldn't believe the difference that 15 minutes made at half time. It was as though the Queens team had been given some illicit performance enhancing drugs!
    Nice to read a positive post. I would add that in our first two league games we have been denied 2 goals by outstanding saves while we have conceded 2 goals that could have been saved. That would have been 4 points on the board and some happy supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Baw Heid View Post
    Nice to read a positive post. I would add that in our first two league games we have been denied 2 goals by outstanding saves while we have conceded 2 goals that could have been saved. That would have been 4 points on the board and some happy supporters.

Is a point away from home after being 2 goals down and losing to a team with the biggest budget in the league really a bad thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Is a point away from home after being 2 goals down and losing to a team with the biggest budget in the league really a bad thing ?
    Not as good as it could have been. I'm just making the point that we are better than some of the posts I read.

I think a wee bit harsh is about right.

Remember that spectacular triple save by their keeper, - firstly denying Dobbie, - then Harkins and then Dykes. Now if we'd scored at that point, - and then equalised a few minutes later, - I reckon Utd would have capitulated.

Its way too early to judge the entire season on one performance, - but I reckon we'll do quite well, - as long as we can get two or three decent squad players in to cope with injuries and suspensions. Harkins has already been booked twice - so that doesn't bode well!

One other thing that I noticed on Saturday, - particularly in the first half, - was the suicide passes to Harkins when he was completely surrounded by players. Perhaps the squad can help the cards mounting up (on him), by ensuring that they don't put him under unnecessary pressure?

Keep the faith though guys.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)