+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dundee fans

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    As i said earlier,helped the club out his own pocket.
    and got it back, a small loan for a couple of days to a team that stuck by him with his injury, gave him a testimonial, gave him his chance as a manager, don’t get me wrong, I’ve a lot of time for Duffy and admired him as a player, but let’s not make him out to be the messiah

No making him out to be anything other than a fully committed dee manager. I was told years ago and its been confirmed he paid at least 4 players wages,nae idea how long for but an admirable thing to do imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    and got it back, a small loan for a couple of days to a team that stuck by him with his injury, gave him a testimonial, gave him his chance as a manager, don’t get me wrong, I’ve a lot of time for Duffy and admired him as a player, but let’s not make him out to be the messiah
    No ones trying to make him out to be a messiah.....but you’re trying to belittle and trivialise him paying players wages.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    No making him out to be anything other than a fully committed dee manager. I was told years ago and its been confirmed he paid at least 4 players wages,nae idea how long for but an admirable thing to do imo.
    Very admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Very admirable.
    I I remember Jim Duffy talking about it at a sportsman’s dinner I was at, he said he was embarrassed by it, his words “it was a small amount of money to pays some youngsters wages, as the pay was late that month, due to mr Dixon not having put money into bank, senior players were ok as they had a decent wage, young boys needed there pay then, the money was paid back a couple of days later when a cheque cleared” not trying to belittle anyone, but the story has had arms and legs added to it, you’d think he stopped us from folding as a club

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I I remember Jim Duffy talking about it at a sportsman’s dinner I was at, he said he was embarrassed by it, his words “it was a small amount of money to pays some youngsters wages, as the pay was late that month, due to mr Dixon not having put money into bank, senior players were ok as they had a decent wage, young boys needed there pay then, the money was paid back a couple of days later when a cheque cleared” not trying to belittle anyone, but the story has had arms and legs added to it, you’d think he stopped us from folding as a club
    He did v well out of Dee.... I cud be wrong but I think he got a cut of our current managers transfer to hearts.

There was also quite a big dispute when he returned to playing 're the insurance monies was there not.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    He did v well out of Dee.... I cud be wrong but I think he got a cut of our current managers transfer to hearts.

There was also quite a big dispute when he returned to playing 're the insurance monies was there not.
    Lee Power to Hibs, money was made, he had a McNamara style contract, remember Molly Reid offered him a 10 year deal, could have been set for life 😀

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)