+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dundee fans

Dundee fans

Expectation levels are v high, over the top reaction after 5 games.

.still interesting reading that NM isn't interested in Dundee, haber was great and obviously committed to Dundee and shankland is a bargain.

World's going mad.

Never heard NM isn’t interested in DFC.

No ones said Haber was great just a better option for the team than Moussa.

No one knows if any players a bargain until we’ve signed and played him and seen his worth to the team.

You need to stop all this drama queen stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Never heard NM isn’t interested in DFC.

No ones said Haber was great just a better option for the team than Moussa.

No one knows if any players a bargain until we’ve signed and played him and seen his worth to the team.

You need to stop all this drama queen stuff.
    1.On another thread.

2.Haber wasn't interested

3. If we spend close to a quarter of a million on shankland it would be utter madness.

A smaller much smaller fee and bigger add ons if we were to take such a huge gamble.....seems to me McCall is playing us.

And I repeat expectation levels far too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    1.On another thread.

2.Haber wasn't interested

3. If we spend close to a quarter of a million on shankland it would be utter madness.

A smaller much smaller fee and bigger add ons if we were to take such a huge gamble.....seems to me McCall is playing us.

And I repeat expectation levels far too high.
    Is it too much to ask the manager learns from his obvious mistakes?

Expectations are not high with me

Based on the current players and playing style

I expect another brutal season which could easily end with the drop

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    Expectations are not high with me

Based on the current players and playing style

I expect another brutal season which could easily end with the drop
    Certainly a worse squad than last season.

2 or 3 players could make all the difference.

No.....but managers make mistakes.....he is the most committed Dundee manager I've seen in a long while.

I accept that it's his team, his judgement, his tactics but it's also his job so he has to do it as he sees fit. By most accounts we played reasonably well yesterday and a point was the least we deserved....we missed a pen and the keeper made a howler.

I'd suggest let's see where we are after first quarter.....bottom two heat is on but I don't think we will be.

And shankland would need balls of steel to play here if we pay 250k.....Hamilton got 1 game and holt was hounded for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No.....but managers make mistakes.....he is the most committed Dundee manager I've seen in a long while.

I accept that it's his team, his judgement, his tactics but it's also his job so he has to do it as he sees fit. By most accounts we played reasonably well yesterday and a point was the least we deserved....we missed a pen and the keeper made a howler.

I'd suggest let's see where we are after first quarter.....bottom two heat is on but I don't think we will be.

And shankland would need balls of steel to play here if we pay 250k.....Hamilton got 1 game and holt was hounded for two years.
    What makes you say he’s committed? More than any other recent manager?

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    What makes you say he’s committed? More than any other recent manager?
    I'll make an exception for Barry Smith.

Ph was always a good run away from leaving it was mostly about ph rather than the club.

The Bombers connections with another club (cant mind which one&#128521 was always gonna make him short term.

Gordon Chisholm and the ****ebag....enough said.

Jocky Scott was suspicious and a bit world weary by his 3rd stint.

Alex Rae shud have got a bit longer but knives were oot for him and never really won the body of the Kirk over and was more committed to being a summariser for rangers European games.

I think McCann is committed to the club in at least the medium term....gave up very good job, his attitude when he lost his dad, willingness to engage with supporters and not forgetting playing for us during defiant season.

I honestly think he craves a trophy as much as any fan and deserves much more leeway than he's getting.

Wolters was a howler of a signing, Moussa hasn't set the heather on fire but no way comes into the Wolters category, Hamilton was possibly uneccesary but plenty wanted parish bombed ( not me) and letting holt go was an error imho but most would disagree with that.

I think he's done ok, do I want him to do better yes, do I think Neil McCann wants to do better and push himself to do better yes.

Will he eventually get sacked or
    walk...quite possibly.

It just seems to me that to a lot of fans nobody's good enough.

Hamilton.....****e
    Parish....****e
    Holt.....****e
    McGowan....****e
    Kamara....dosenae score
    Kerr odea Spence deacon Meekings Waddell ksunga ****e ****ey and ****ier.

Cw33 gets a bit o leeway...no much mind you.

So far in McCann's short managerial career it certainly seems way too much to ask of him.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)