+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Should we be shocked

Why Should we be shocked

Come on guys, same bunch of players who couldn't cut it in the Championship last time - a manager who is more interested in players having a good time at a BBQ and a strict wage cap and guess what - we get tubbed by a team who a few seasons ago couldn't compete with us in Lge 1 .Warnie has got to man up and tell them how it is - Taylor....couldn't tackle a prawn sarnie,Vaulks struggles to pass to a player on the same team,Palmer ….couldn't tackle ar lass and say no more ……..we don't need a defensive coach even though we ship more goals than any other team ...but hey ho we are Rotherham.

Not sure what your point is ?

He's not happy with the performance and result.

Likewise, I never expected that and surely Warne has to make wholesale changes for next week.

Of course he's more interested in that. Yet more proof that folk make stuff up to moan at.
    Think prancing round in a Man U shirt would suit you more than a small club with no money.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Come on guys, same bunch of players who couldn't cut it in the Championship last time - a manager who is more interested in players having a good time at a BBQ and a strict wage cap and guess what - we get tubbed by a team who a few seasons ago couldn't compete with us in Lge 1 .Warnie has got to man up and tell them how it is - Taylor....couldn't tackle a prawn sarnie,Vaulks struggles to pass to a player on the same team,Palmer ….couldn't tackle ar lass and say no more ……..we don't need a defensive coach even though we ship more goals than any other team ...but hey ho we are Rotherham.
    So, we get tubbed by a team who couldn't compete with us a few years back. Well they can now because they have an incredible scouting system employing hundreds (Chris Wilder's words not mine), a Danish World Cup player and a French U21 international in their team and a system they have been perfecting for 4 years in the Championship.

I don't know about your management skills, but if a BBQ gets the team together, then its okay by me. One game in and we get thumped by a very good team. No doubt a team that doesn't stick together would tackle the recovery better.

Yes we need to learn and learn fast but perhaps, and I say perhaps, this could just be a blessing in a massive disguise.

Zzzzz...

Incredible that the man who led us to one of the finest seasons in our history isn't even given one game's grace before people are on his back.

When we went into extra-time against Shrewsbury and looked like the only team in the game, I'm sure that team spirit and fitness - Warne's two big things - had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Brentford will be in the top six this season. Anyone who went there expecting an easy game is living 5 years ago. And anyone who thinks Warne cultivating a great team spirit is a stick to knock him with needs to give their heads a wobble.

When we were in the Championship in that disaster season, there was zero team spirit. The players didn't care about each other, and they certainly didn't care about the club. When you're working with the smallest budget in the division - and now that Burton have gone down, we undoubtedly are - things like team spirit can and likely will make the difference between staying up and going down without a whimper. Warne gets that, which is why he's a manager - a good manager, and one that I couldn't be happier or prouder to have leading our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupjamie View Post
    Zzzzz...

Incredible that the man who led us to one of the finest seasons in our history isn't even given one game's grace before people are on his back.

When we went into extra-time against Shrewsbury and looked like the only team in the game, I'm sure that team spirit and fitness - Warne's two big things - had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Brentford will be in the top six this season. Anyone who went there expecting an easy game is living 5 years ago. And anyone who thinks Warne cultivating a great team spirit is a stick to knock him with needs to give their heads a wobble.

When we were in the Championship in that disaster season, there was zero team spirit. The players didn't care about each other, and they certainly didn't care about the club. When you're working with the smallest budget in the division - and now that Burton have gone down, we undoubtedly are - things like team spirit can and likely will make the difference between staying up and going down without a whimper. Warne gets that, which is why he's a manager - a good manager, and one that I couldn't be happier or prouder to have leading our club.

And we lost a lot of games, but not many 5-1

Makes me wonder if he was useing that game to see who could handle the pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Makes me wonder if he was useing that game to see who could handle the pressure
    Well Warne himself couldn’t

The lack of tacklers in midfield is quite worrying

Quote Originally Posted by Jupjamie View Post
    Zzzzz...

Totally Agree

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast