+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do we need another keeper?

Even though I contribute to the political threads I much prefer the football threads, most people know a bit about what they’re talking about and have good points to make.

I would imagine most people log on to a football messageboard to read opinions about football.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    100% agree, this wasn't being highlighted last season when he had bedded in and was actually playing pretty well. It's his first couple of games back, probably nervous too seeing he feels he's got to prove something to Nolan as he obviously got an absolute hammering off him for that sending off.
    Certain parts were highlighted last season while he was in the team, his reluctance to come off his line was a big issue back then imo

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Even though I contribute to the political threads I much prefer the football threads, most people know a bit about what they’re talking about and have good points to make.

I would imagine most people log on to a football messageboard to read opinions about football.
    Sure, but I just don't think they're very considered opinions. Our manager is crap, Enzio can't control a football, and we need a new keeper.

After one game, which we drew.

I just don't see where the pleasure is in supporting a League 2 football team with this kind of approach.

A good keeper can win you 10 extra points a season
    I think that could well be the difference between promotion and another year in efl 2

Part of the problem is we’ve not had a really convincing home performance for a while - going back to last season. I was hoping for a decent performance Saturday and didn’t see one. In fact, Colchester were the better team for most of the game. Worryingly, I also didn’t see that many encouraging signs, but I hope that is just me being overly negative and we do start to look like we use a football in training.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Sure, but I just don't think they're very considered opinions. Our manager is crap, Enzio can't control a football, and we need a new keeper.

After one game, which we drew.

I just don't see where the pleasure is in supporting a League 2 football team with this kind of approach.
    plus Stead is 2 years past his sell-by date, Hewitt is a stationary traffic cone, Vaughan is way too old and only passes sideways and backwards...oh yes, Jones is a liability, Dicko was way better!

Next week, if we don't score a bagful, the two new forwards will be a waste of money and the tenure of AH will be called into question...you heard it here first

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

I also prefer you on the footy threads....you actually make a lot of sense....seriously

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    He'll be ok if he remembers that NCM is an echo chamber of negativity that reflects the opinion of the vocal minority not the silent majority.
    Never a truer word said!!

Don't get me wrong, the points on here certainly provoke debate, and that's what keeps message boards interesting, but you wouldn't get very far basing club strategy on the 'guidance' you find online!
    Last edited by jackal2; 07-08-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    The result wasn't 'bad' however the performance was. Colchester looked a decent side though, pacey and big/strong and we struggled to match them for long periods.
    We added pace and power with our signings, but didn't show any on Saturday, it'll come hopefully

No.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast