+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that the dust has settled....

Now that the dust has settled....

After yesterdays game..I have a question.

Pre-season games really had me concerned,ok I did not attend any of them but the reports were pretty poor to average performance wise with 1 or 2 bright sparks from a couple of players (Klich for example).

So I was not expecting too much yesterday and would have been happy with a draw against a team tipped to win this division..especially with Cooper at the back.

So here is my question..bearing in mind the pre-season games.

Just where the feck did that performance come from???????????????

MOT

BIELSA
    That is all.

He must have put ants in the pants before kick off billy..the lads never stopped.

Still buzzing

Be interesting to see if we can back it up again away against Derby who I guess are another with high promotional aspirations. Having said that, I thought they were quite fortunate to get the points against Reading.

We always play well with Ayling in the team. Fell away last season after his injury.

agree on Ayling and Biesla.

Ayling seems to be a talisman for this team.

wish Derby was not so early in the season. I think they have a lot in common with us early in the season. New coach and new style. would have been nice to let it settle in a bit for both of us before running into each other.

ayling has been our best signing in the last couple of seasons, obvious captain when we finally get shut of Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    After yesterdays game..I have a question.

Pre-season games really had me concerned,ok I did not attend any of them but the reports were pretty poor to average performance wise with 1 or 2 bright sparks from a couple of players (Klich for example).

So I was not expecting too much yesterday and would have been happy with a draw against a team tipped to win this division..especially with Cooper at the back.

So here is my question..bearing in mind the pre-season games.

Just where the feck did that performance come from???????????????

MOT

Looking back pre season for the first four or five games was more about fitness and seeing players adapt to systems rather than performance.

whatever he did game 1 they all want to play for him and the shirt. Hope it continues far into the season.

loved his understated but honest post match assessment. He is like a taciturn character from the Spaghetti Westerns - waaaaawawaaaaawawawaaaaaaa

I suspect Bielsa doesn't put any value on pre season games, preferring to do it all at the training ground; an interesting view if that's the case as how often in the past have we looked at pre season matches and tried to draw conclusions from them that immediately get blown away when it starts for real. Bielsa certainly is his own man!

lovin it folks, easily our best performance of 2018 so far, im cooper and roofes biggest critic, but i say it now, EVERY player who played for leeds vs stoke did the business!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)