+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whatever happened to the Dundee United Way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    No idea why predictive text thought i was going for Nathan but there we go.....
    I think your predictive text added on an extra couple of zeros to the players worth.

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    I think your predictive text added on an extra couple of zeros to the players worth.
    I'm talking about the 90s relegation. We both bought and sold those players for hundreds of thousands

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The club's achievements are amazing and I for one am very proud of them. If you look at the entirely of our history though it's really not the norm.
    Exactly. No idea where the extreme of saying we're downplaying our achievements comes from. No shades of grey on this forum....

The club's achievements are amazing and I for one am very proud of them. If you look at the entirely of our history though it's really not the norm.

You could argue the same for the twice in admin windae lickers

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    I'm talking about the 90s relegation. We both bought and sold those players for hundreds of thousands
    Not millions then, but I get your point However that was a one season jolly, and we got back up DESPITE Kirkie who didnt last much longer once he couldnt cut it, because of the talent we had. We dont have that now.

Not millions then, but I get your point However that was a one season jolly, and we got back up DESPITE Kirkie who didnt last much longer once he couldnt cut it, because of the talent we had. We dont have that now.
    Accumulatively millions yes and a couple over the million mark. We had badger, malpas, Presley etc.

And I don't disagree. My point is we weren't all rosy all the time. We've failed with much better players and bigger budgets was all I was saying. I think nostalgia takes a lot of negatives away from the memory. Folk on this site were miserable during the GMS, Fails, Robertson era ffs some are just never happy. ....and for those looking in yes it's completely justifiable to be miserable just now and I am too. I'm not saying anything g to the contrary

Sorry but if you look from the point where we first became an established top flight club then took advantage of being a big city club then for a big percentage of that then it has been the norm, save for the one 1998-2006 period which was a dark time (mainly due to choosing poor managers... It really is he key thing) but within the top flight and still littered with dramatic moments and Hampden visits

Pre 1960 while still a big part of our history is not comparable as we are never anything other than a small club that began life in the second tier with an already (albeit still mostly mediocre like theyve always been bar a jack of seasons) established club in the top flight

There's is nothing misty eyed about this, just factual, stop downplaying it, this is not the norm for Dundee United as the club we have been for most of the last 60 years, only 3-5 clubs compare in anyway you can think of on our off the park

What we need is a new manager, a leader, who can inspire his players and also have the confidence of the fans, I've not properly trusted in a manager since Levein and Houston (and to a lesser extent Jackie for a period but he tarnished that) where you knew they were club the right thing 9 times out of 10 during games and with team selection but also spoke absolute sense before and after games and could also handle the media

That's what the club needs, then with that we will get our stability and mojo back, be a vibrant club again as we were under Levein etc and why that everything else comes we can be the club we have been forthe majority of the last 60 years in a fairly short time as we have everything else, the fan base (very passionate but a bit jaded) that other clubs including one along the road no longer has , the colour, the stadium, everything that would again make us the envy of others, however the longer we go without finding a decent manager that can unite us the more the above can slowly erode

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)