+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: All the talk of allowing investors in....

has the hull family ever invested a big interest in the club?

when booth owned it he wrote all yh3 cheques?

That's because he was the only one who could write

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Why do you think anyone would want to invest?

Investing in English league football is a way of throwing money away as there is only a very limited prospect of getting it back, let alone making a profit. Add to that the prospect of receiving abuse from supporters if you don't 'invest' enough and it becomes hard to see why any rational individual would get involved.
    Yet they do.

Buying a football club is not always a rational decision.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    What he ^^ said....
    Why couldn't we follow Brentford's example exactly?

Brentford are loosing million every season

Brentford cut their losses by 48 per cent in the 2015/16 season, in relation to the 2014/15 campaign but still lost £7.6million pre tax.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Jesus, despite a little cop out that we should be grateful to TS... we've lost one game and you're questioning whether there might be better owners for the club.

No, there aren't better owners out there. We're Rotherham United, we're not an attractive investment, we're not a big team, we're not worth a gamble for a Premiership pay day, we're punching above our weight being in the Championship.

Maybe we won't survive this season, but that's football.

If it weren't for Tony Stewart we might not have survived at all.

That doesn't mean criticism can never be justified... but WE'RE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN AN AMAZING STADIUM. I'm so disappointed in this sort of underhand questioning of TS. It's ONE GAME, get a grip.
    Whoa!!!! stop the f.ucking bus and yes I'm swearing!

My post which seems to have gone over 'many' heads was an open one.

Where indeed anywhere am I attacking Tony Stewart? I'm talking of someone coming in to assist him or if they had more money than sense as some put it, want to take over. I am not and never will disrespect Tony Stewart or his family. GET A GRIP!

Where am I questioning TS' investment after one game? I'm merely highlighting the fact we cannot compete without further investment.

I have to question, like your post Johhny boy, how others interpret what others mean in their posts. I give up!

Just to give you a few figures to update the debate.
    All being equal Tony Stewart will put £3m into the budget for this season. He seems happy to lose this amount on order to stroke his ego, make connections/advertise his businesses and make a contribution to the town but that is probably his limit.
    We as fans have bought around 6500 season tickets. How much is that worth to the club?? A lot less than you think. When you take into account concessions, VAT, the football league levy and the cost of the direct debit system, the club will receive about £1.5m. If an average of 2000 fans pay on the day (they won't, that figure will be less) you are looking at 700k. One thing is for sure, Stewart will put more into the club this season than all the fanbase put together. Does anyone seriously think there is someone out there who is willing to do more? I seriously doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Just to give you a few figures to update the debate.
    All being equal Tony Stewart will put £3m into the budget for this season. He seems happy to lose this amount on order to stroke his ego, make connections/advertise his businesses and make a contribution to the town but that is probably his limit.
    We as fans have bought around 6500 season tickets. How much is that worth to the club?? A lot less than you think. When you take into account concessions, VAT, the football league levy and the cost of the direct debit system, the club will receive about £1.5m. If an average of 2000 fans pay on the day (they won't, that figure will be less) you are looking at 700k. One thing is for sure, Stewart will put more into the club this season than all the fanbase put together. Does anyone seriously think there is someone out there who is willing to do more? I seriously doubt it.
    Well the club generally generates 11.5 million in total with 9 million on outgoings apart from that Blackstock year where we had outgoings at 13 million and 1.6 million of that was transfers. Big player wages like blackstock halford are gone so it should be making money but we won’t know for sure until figures for the coming year come out.

However you can’t run a championship club on freebies

Silly, all the players got pay cuts when we were relegated, when we were promoted they will have had their pay increased. The club is run on a budget which mainly comes from 3 sources, TV money, sponsorship and gate receipts, very much in that order. Stewarts £3m comes in through sponsorship and without it, we would have £3m less to spend.
    The club does not make money, it runs on what it generates. Unfortunately that is not as much as the other teams in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by john2 View Post
    jesus, despite a little cop out that we should be grateful to ts... We've lost one game and you're questioning whether there might be better owners for the club.

No, there aren't better owners out there. We're rotherham united, we're not an attractive investment, we're not a big team, we're not worth a gamble for a premiership pay day, we're punching above our weight being in the championship.

Maybe we won't survive this season, but that's football.

If it weren't for tony stewart we might not have survived at all.

That doesn't mean criticism can never be justified... But we're in the championship in an amazing stadium. I'm so disappointed in this sort of underhand questioning of ts. It's one game, get a grip.

^^^^^ this ^^^^^

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast