+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: All the talk of allowing investors in....

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Silly, all the players got pay cuts when we were relegated, when we were promoted they will have had their pay increased. The club is run on a budget which mainly comes from 3 sources, TV money, sponsorship and gate receipts, very much in that order. Stewarts £3m comes in through sponsorship and without it, we would have £3m less to spend.
    The club does not make money, it runs on what it generates. Unfortunately that is not as much as the other teams in this league.
    Any money stewart puts in is labeled ASD loans on ingoings the year we went down stewart put in around 1.5 million it says so however I have not seen that on any previous years that Iv been looking (I only started looking because some piggy said we was in the red, lying sod)

However mr Stewart has put in over 40 million into the club infrastructure because he has a dream he’s willing to do anything for.

I feel really sorry for him when you see people only buying a shirt at end of the season when they are about £15 fans have to do their bit too
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 06-08-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Not so long ago bournemouth were in a position as bad as ours was at the time. Look at them now. An established premier league team.
    Who would have thought that? Someone came along and invested big money into them? Why bournemouth and not rotherham? I think rotherham are a very attractive proposition for investors as things stand. Financially stable, nice ground, playing in the championship. All that thanks to TS.
    TS reminds me a lot of bill kenwright at everton. He has the best interests of our football club at heart and if/when a serious investor comes along it will have to be the right one to move the club forward

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Whoa!!!! stop the f.ucking bus and yes I'm swearing!

My post which seems to have gone over 'many' heads was an open one.

Where indeed anywhere am I attacking Tony Stewart? I'm talking of someone coming in to assist him or if they had more money than sense as some put it, want to take over. I am not and never will disrespect Tony Stewart or his family. GET A GRIP!

Where am I questioning TS' investment after one game? I'm merely highlighting the fact we cannot compete without further investment.

I have to question, like your post Johhny boy, how others interpret what others mean in their posts. I give up!
    I wouldn't say we can't compete without further investment Brin, because regardless of the first game result, I feel confident the squad we have will give it a real go against other teams in the lower half of the table.
    However, I take your point that we certainly need further investment to progress as a club, and to become a more established championship club in our own right although where or if that will happen is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Not so long ago bournemouth were in a position as bad as ours was at the time. Look at them now. An established premier league team.
    Who would have thought that? Someone came along and invested big money into them? Why bournemouth and not rotherham? I think rotherham are a very attractive proposition for investors as things stand. Financially stable, nice ground, playing in the championship. All that thanks to TS.
    TS reminds me a lot of bill kenwright at everton. He has the best interests of our football club at heart and if/when a serious investor comes along it will have to be the right one to move the club forward

Why Bournemouth and not Rotherham?

Hmmm......that's a hard one

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Silly, all the players got pay cuts when we were relegated, when we were promoted they will have had their pay increased. The club is run on a budget which mainly comes from 3 sources, TV money, sponsorship and gate receipts, very much in that order. Stewarts £3m comes in through sponsorship and without it, we would have £3m less to spend.
    The club does not make money, it runs on what it generates. Unfortunately that is not as much as the other teams in this league.
    I'm not sure you are right about the sponsorship. Sponsorship originally, for sure, but more recently loans - I'm fairly sure.

Obviously there's a big difference. Sponsorship doesn't have to be paid back (would it also be classed as "income" under ffp, allowing a bigger wage budget?)

Loans are a debt for the club.

Either way I'm not criticising TS. He's done more for the club than any other chairman in my 50 odd years of supporting the club.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedtruth View Post
    Why Bournemouth and not Rotherham?

Hmmm......that's a hard one
    More letters in their name and will always start the season above us?

There is always someone out there daft enough to invest, but as Tony states TS is subbing the the club heavily, whether to protect his investment, looking to sell or ultimately for an expensive hobby it makes no difference

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    There is always someone out there daft enough to invest, but as Tony states TS is subbing the the club heavily, whether to protect his investment, looking to sell or ultimately for an expensive hobby it makes no difference

Not wanting to jinx the man, but aren’t we one heart attack away from disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I'm not sure you are right about the sponsorship. Sponsorship originally, for sure, but more recently loans - I'm fairly sure.

Obviously there's a big difference. Sponsorship doesn't have to be paid back (would it also be classed as "income" under ffp, allowing a bigger wage budget?)

Loans are a debt for the club.

Either way I'm not criticising TS. He's done more for the club than any other chairman in my 50 odd years of supporting the club.
    I am right Wrinkly. Tony puts in £3m per season in the championship and it is put through as sponsorship. In the season before Huddersfield were promoted, our sponsorship was almost twice theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Absolutely no viable reason why Bournemouth is a more attractive investment proposition than Rotherham.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast