+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All the talk of allowing investors in....

All the talk of allowing investors in....

Tony Stewart has previously stated he would listen to potential investors.

Did that ever mean he would talk to a party with a view to them taking over the entire club or being the majority share holder?

Looking at what TS has given to the fans and townsfolk of Rotherham has been nothing short of a blessing for which we should be grateful for but, we have now come to an impasse where it is either Paul Warne with HIS choice not to break a wage barrier as posted on here or, TS simply doesn’t have enough or doesn’t want to invest high enough to survive this league.

Other share holders like Ron Hull Jnr looks like the only one with enough backing who could come in but, would he even be looking to make a take over bid considering our geographical and footballing position?

Frustrating times indeed for all concerned but something as to give if we are to survive this season.

Why do you think anyone would want to invest?

Investing in English league football is a way of throwing money away as there is only a very limited prospect of getting it back, let alone making a profit. Add to that the prospect of receiving abuse from supporters if you don't 'invest' enough and it becomes hard to see why any rational individual would get involved.

Jesus, despite a little cop out that we should be grateful to TS... we've lost one game and you're questioning whether there might be better owners for the club.

No, there aren't better owners out there. We're Rotherham United, we're not an attractive investment, we're not a big team, we're not worth a gamble for a Premiership pay day, we're punching above our weight being in the Championship.

Maybe we won't survive this season, but that's football.

If it weren't for Tony Stewart we might not have survived at all.

That doesn't mean criticism can never be justified... but WE'RE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN AN AMAZING STADIUM. I'm so disappointed in this sort of underhand questioning of TS. It's ONE GAME, get a grip.

Most sense I’ve heard in years from john2

Surprised at these comments from you Brin. I thought you were a realist, but apparently not. No-one in their right minds is going to invest in RUFC

i Just find it odd that even clubs with income the same as ours seem to spend more

You need to buy players in championship you can’t go up a level and expect to stay there on freebies

People will make excuses all day long like oh but we only have a small ground (who’s faults that?) and let me point out something take derby county my dads team for example they have same ticket price but have a stadium 3 times as big as ours we are in same league and their owner has stoped putting money in 2 years ago, theoretically we should have a third of budget wages and transfers and from wages it looks true but transfers if that was the case we should have 2.1 million for transfers every year we stop up and judging from the 1.5 million Stubbs spent I’d say it’s fairly accurate, yeah I know we have been in league 1 but there’s promotion money surely.

I’m rambling on I know

We only have a small ground because we have a small fanbase... I'm sure TS could've built a 20k seater stadium if he really wanted to but there would be 12k empy seats on a weekly basis and the stadium would be leaking money

The problem is we have no prospects for potential investors, we are out our realistically highest level and we are a small town dwarfed by Sheffield. If you was an investor looking for a team to plunge money into Rotherham wouldn't even be part of your considerations. Unless its a Rotherham fan I doubt we will get the investment from a third party that we need to succeed in this league

Maybe a Miller would invest if they had the spare money

There was talks of Ron Hull investing did he ever invest anything in the club? I heard a small percentage but like owt else it’s always rumours

Why wouldn't somebody else invest?

Tony Stewart and others have and continue to do so. Under the logic stated above they are not rational individuals

So why can't another irrational individual comes along and want to join the Mad Hatter's tea party?

I can answer that one for you Brin,i know Ron well,in fact i was talking to him about the very same thing regarding the Millers,while having a lot of feeling for the club,he no longer wants that kind of involvement again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast