+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That Micky Mouse Cup Thingymebob..

That Micky Mouse Cup Thingymebob..

Do we play each team home n' away in group stage (Chamipions league) or is it a round robin format (World Cup)?

Checkatrade games are (just three games per group)

Oldham-v-Barnsley Tues 4 Sept KO 7-30

Barnsley-v-Everton U21 Tues 9 Oct KO TBA

Barnsley-v-Bradford Mon 12 Nov KO 7-30

Cheers SBred. Shame the Everton fixture is at home. Always wanted to go to Goodison.

sorry mate I have to disagree about the "Micky Mouse Cup" quote. It was a delight to win it when we did, a fantastic day at Wembley a very good crowd and some fine banter with the Oxford fans... and it made us around £1 million I was told. I hope we do it again it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTyke View Post
    sorry mate I have to disagree about the "Micky Mouse Cup" quote. It was a delight to win it when we did, a fantastic day at Wembley a very good crowd and some fine banter with the Oxford fans... and it made us around £1 million I was told. I hope we do it again it was great.

Whilst I agree that it was a great day out at Wembley I wouldn't be disappointed to exit the group stages of the FL trophy. All our efforts need to go into getting promotion so the extra games we could do without in my opinion .

The year we won the FL trophy it seemed that there was nowt else left to laik for in December that season cos we were bottom of the league and promotion never looked possible. However, that cup run ended up being the catalyst for that amazing run of league results we had. Tha could say it works both ways I suppose.

If we win owt al tek it.

A really enjoyed the day art at Wembley. Really friendly in contrast to the Millwall carry on a few weeks later.

Once again thanks Patrick and Hecky fo the memories. (Av only sed that to tease some others. It really is just banter, a laugh--Hecky wo good and bad, Morais wo good and bad (no just bad) , Stendel yet to show)