+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prediction League - Everton

Prediction League - Everton

The new season is here for Wolves and so is another year of the Prediction League. Thought I'd do a quick refresher of the rules:

Posters will predict the score and the first WOLVES goalscorer of the match. Posters will receive 3 points for the correct result and score, 1 point for just the result and a "goal differential" for the correct goal scorer. Here is an example:

Wolves 1-0 Everton, Costa

If Wolves were to win 1-0, but Cavaleiro scores the goal, I would get 3 points. If Wolves won 2-1 and Costa scored the first goal, I would get 1.1. If Wolves won 2-0 and Costa was not the first goal scorer, I would get just 1 point. If Wolves lost or drew, but Costa scored our first goal, I would get 0.1.

It's pretty simple and easy. Anybody can participate and if you miss a match here or there, it's not a big deal!

If you do well, you might be able to join the historic list of winners:
    17-18 - WOODLANDS
    16-17 - wolves71
    15-16 - Woking88
    14-15 - wolfiebill
    13-14 - Robus
    12-13 - cyrus11

On to the Everton match. Wolves open the Premier League season at home and it's a quality opponent. Wolves are actually going to be on national television for the first match on a network station, which is pretty cool. Hopefully it helps build up the fanbase here in the States. As for our opponent, Everton have a new manager and are looking to change up their style. Big Sam got results, but nobody liked watching because it was boring. They ended up 8th, just outside continental play. They brought in Marco Silva, who I think did a solid job in his past English positions at Watford and Hull. I imagine they'll be attempting to play a more modern, attractive style. They've spent alot of money on 2 players: Richarlison and Lucas Digne. Both quality IMO. I imagine they have some more on their way.

Wolves 1-0 Everton, Jiminez

Looks like Everton have added Yerry Mina to their squad. That puts their spending close to 90 million. He did well on set pieces at the World Cup, hard to tell how good he actually was in defense.

2-1, Boly

Wolves 1-0 Everton (Jiminez)

Thanks Mich for running this again!

Wolves 2 - Everton 2 (Jiminez)......Thanks, Mich'.

I just wanted to add my thanks for the time and effort you put into this competition, Mich; much appreciated by all of us.

Wolves 2 - Everton 1 (Diogo Jota)
    Last edited by Wolfiebill; 11-08-2018 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    I just wanted to add my thanks for the time and effort you put into this competition, Mich; much appreciated by all of us.
    Wolves 2 - Everton 1 (Ruben Neves)

Well said Bill. Couldn't have put it better myself!

Yes, well said Bill. I was near the top for a lot of last season but 6 weeks in hospital at the end of the season scuppered it for me but well done Woody.

Wolves 2-1 Everton (Jota)

Wolves 0 Everton 2

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Wolves 0 Everton 2
    Palm. I bet you wish your team could be as consistent as you are ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)