+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ben Stokes

Don't know about a suspension a knighthood looks likely! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I said exactly the same at lunchtime today sinkov. I have mentioned on here before that a DS lives next door to us and he said the chance of a conviction was "below minimal". Dead right he was too!

Keeps happening BT, you do wonder what's driving the CPS sometimes, and my conclusion is that often it's the latest PC fad. That's why they managed to get Ched Evans banged up for two and a half years, before he won his case on appeal, accusations of rape 'had to be believed' so down went an innocent man. And was it co-incidence that gays were involved in both the Stokes and Nigel Evans cases ? Both horrendous wastes of taxpayers money.

They do seem to like putting minor celeb sportsmen in the dock as well for some reason, the classic case was the race fixing accusations against Kieran Fallon about ten years ago. The prosecution literally had no evidence, but the CPS went ahead anyway, Fallon's QC applied to the trial judge for a dismissal before trial, due to lack of evidence, but he insisted it went to trial. After NINE weeks at the Old Bailey the judge had finally heard enough, he instructed the jury to find the defendants not guilty and shut the trial down. God knows how much that shambles cost us ?

I read somewhere that one day's operation in an individual Crown Court costs around £3k. Do the maths!
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 15-08-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Just his opinion Alto!
    His opinion yes, and what a load of bollox it is BT, for someone who children look up to and try to emulate, he should know better than get into a fight and should have walked away, his penance to lose a chance to play in an Ash's series because of it is his own stupid immature fault, nobody else's, he let himself down, the team, the supporters and the young one's who look up to him, Vaughan can spout all he wants but he's wrong.

You are on God knows how much money a year, earning a great living playing the sport that you love and yet you still want to behave like a pissed up Apache. I don't get it Alto, I really don't!

Now Cipriani has dropped himself back in the ****e. It's taken him years to get back into the England squad but I would imagine he can forget the World Cup now.

They really do leave a lot to be desired although, I have to admit, they are sometimes provoked by jealous people.
    Nothing changes, I used to see it quite regularly when I was out with Billy Ingham and Leighton James back in the 70s. They wanted a quiet drink but there were those around who just wanted to hassle them.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Now Cipriani has dropped himself back in the ****e. It's taken him years to get back into the England squad but I would imagine he can forget the World Cup now.
    If he’s found guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Didn’t do things by halves lol

The fly half, 30, was charged with common assault, larceny, assault on police, resisting arrest and being disorderly on licensed premises, at a St Helier nightclub, on the island of Jersey, in the early hours of Wednesday. He has been remanded in custody and will appear at Jersey Magistrates’ Court on Thursday morning. It is thought Cipriani was involved in the unsavoury incident after a disagreement with a bouncer outside The Little Drift nightclub, which is thought to be attached to the Royal Yacht spa hotel, in the island’s capital of St Helier

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    If he’s found guilty.
    I don't think Eddie Jones will give a monkeys about whether he's found guilty or not OC. He's never been a fan of Cipriani's, I think he brought him back into the squad against his better judgement. He's toast.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)