+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

i refer you to post #2

The only opinion which counts is Bielsa’s and he seems to rate him. Players don’t reach their peak until about 26 or 27 so he is still developing and he has played in unstable times for the last three years in terms of managers and playing squad. The stats quoted above by someone else also show that sometimes good work goes unseen.

on another note looks like both O Kane and Ekuban may be gone by the weekend - the way in which they have off loaded players has been one of the most impressive aspects. Every player left in the squad knows that they have a fighting chance of playing which in itself must motivate them.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    The only opinion which counts is Bielsa’s and he seems to rate him. Players don’t reach their peak until about 26 or 27 so he is still developing and he has played in unstable times for the last three years in terms of managers and playing squad. The stats quoted above by someone else also show that sometimes good work goes unseen.

on another note looks like both O Kane and Ekuban may be gone by the weekend - the way in which they have off loaded players has been one of the most impressive aspects. Every player left in the squad knows that they have a fighting chance of playing which in itself must motivate them.
    Agreed on both counts

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

Yes to be fair there has been no messing about shifting the dead wood on..and the players who remain know they have to work hard to get in and stay in the team.

A win win situation.

Quote Originally Posted by lecter View Post
    I make no apologies for slating the most inept player we have, he's utter dog **** at best, so the common denominator on this forum seems to be "either fit in with what the regulars think or don't bother expressing an opinion"
    Not expecting apologies for anything m8, just suggesting that it might be that Bielsa has found something in Phillips (and Klich as a further example), which no-one else has (the observations from Hopelessly are also worth bearing in mind). He performed as well as anyone on Sunday, and better than many, long may that continue (and if it doesn't, Bielsa doesn't seem to be the kind of coach who will be particularly forgiving).

Differing opinions are what makes the forum work, but dogmatic adherence to one despite evidence (stress on the word "evidence") to the contrary is just that, dogma. I should know, as examples I berated Klich no end and Wiedwald likewise. One seems to have come good, the other was sent packing, so maybe the set up at the club (at least in terms of players etc) knows what they are doing at last?

I too don't rate klitch but he had a good game sunday, Okane and ekuban are both bab but better than phillips imho, time will tell, one good game will not make any of them season long prospects, I hate slating anything to do with United but won't blindly sit in silence as players steal a wage at supporters expense, I suppose being brought up on a very rich diet of Revies aces makes me wonder how so many of our teams over the years manage to lake for a great club like L.U.

Quote Originally Posted by lecter View Post
    I too don't rate klitch but he had a good game sunday, Okane and ekuban are both bab but better than phillips imho, time will tell, one good game will not make any of them season long prospects, I hate slating anything to do with United but won't blindly sit in silence as players steal a wage at supporters expense, I suppose being brought up on a very rich diet of Revies aces makes me wonder how so many of our teams over the years manage to lake for a great club like L.U.
    Was at ER for much of the time of the mighty Don, and with you on the blind loyalty thing, said as much repeatedly in previous posts. You don't get given respect, you earn it. That having been said, if the players who were sh1te aren't any more, I'll be very happy indeed!

not sure how I missed the philips reference.

tough to slag anyone after that game but the seasons a long one in this league.

One win and they all come out of the woodwork..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    One win and they all come out of the woodwork..
    You wouldn't know much about that would you Alf?😉

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)