+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pick 3 from 6

pick 3 from 6

your the manager

you can have 3 forwards from the following list
    who would you have

rondon
    mitro
    gayle
    joselwho
    armstrong
    muto

me
    mitro ,gayle ,armos

mitro was told to go away get experiance score goals and come back
    he did that ,admitedly in thefizzy but his record even when in the prem is up there with rondons prem record .looked good last season when he was well managed and made to feel welcome

gayle
    gayle has never been played to his strengths in the prem but will still score more goals given that run then joselwho
    who is a very poor mans mitro and rondon

armo
    was sent away to get game time and score goals
    he did just that
    and he is as unproven as muto
    he knows the pace of the english game more than muto and in a hard league banged in goals for a team some said would get relegated ,managed well by the manager he gets results

we have what we have
    but i will have a bet with anyone mitro scores more prem goals than rondon

we have let two very hot properties go

time and managing would have been better

Certainly an interesting question but hard to come to a conclusion. Mitro and Arma I believe will flourish and we might rue that day when we let them go. We may well have let two hot properties go, time will judge us. Won't be the first time nor the last time that happens to our and other clubs.

As for the others, again, time will tell. If they fit into the Rafa way then they also may flourish; new start, fresh beginning and all that. Certainly I feel unease re Joselu, he just can't seem to mentally cope with PL and facing the goal. I was hoping his break would have been spent on that aspect of his game. As long as we do not rely on him, he may well become a "super sub" (75 minute) for the club (one has to be optimistic).
    Last edited by Curian; 06-08-2018 at 07:11 PM.

i just feel we had a better front three than we have now

when you have people who go away and score like armo and mitro did i cant see how you can let them go for 6 prem goals from one player and 5 bundesliga goals from the other

mitro score more prem goals in less games that rondon

and im sure armo would do well in the bundesliga as he has every league he has playedin

has he not won a world and ruropean cup at under 21

you tell me any other manager that would let an under21 player go who was scoring goals

whos like we dont have
    he was an option we now dont have

Mitrovic is a 1 goal in 4 in the Premier League.Similar to Rondon.

Good football question.

Honestly, none. If I had to pick 3.

Muto (cant be worse than the rest)
    Rondon (Same)
    Mitro (only if played with a mobile partner)

I only pick Mitro in the absence of a suitable replacement to fit Rafas style which I thought we would get.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    your the manager

you can have 3 forwards from the following list
    who would you have

rondon
    mitro
    gayle
    joselwho
    armstrong
    muto

me
    mitro ,gayle ,armos

mitro was told to go away get experiance score goals and come back
    he did that ,admitedly in thefizzy but his record even when in the prem is up there with rondons prem record .looked good last season when he was well managed and made to feel welcome

gayle
    gayle has never been played to his strengths in the prem but will still score more goals given that run then joselwho
    who is a very poor mans mitro and rondon

armo
    was sent away to get game time and score goals
    he did just that
    and he is as unproven as muto
    he knows the pace of the english game more than muto and in a hard league banged in goals for a team some said would get relegated ,managed well by the manager he gets results

we have what we have
    but i will have a bet with anyone mitro scores more prem goals than rondon

we have let two very hot properties go

time and managing would have been better
    If I answer this question will you answer mine from a few weeks ago?

I'd keep only Gayle if I had to buy if we're having a clear out and trying to build there are loads of strikers we could have gone in for not just thāt 6

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    If I answer this question will you answer mine from a few weeks ago?
    I'd be interested to hear that.

Over to you pboro. Give the man an answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I'd be interested to hear that.

Over to you pboro. Give the man an answer?
    I think we'd all be interested to hear.

Of the original post question it's a bit difficult because we don't know how 2 of the 6 will fit in the prem for us. Which means you can't fairly judge.

Based on what we know then it probably would be Gayle, Mitro and Arma but if Rondon and Muro fit in how we hope then it would be those two and Gayle.

I'd be interested to know who Rafa's 1st choice purchases were this summer.

That might make selection a bit easier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)