+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Midweek games

This is fantastic, i go to every game home and away, so take Newport, i would of spent £70 on that tuesday game, i can now watch it on my 50 inch tv in the comfort of my armchair, knowing that my club will profit a fiver

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    This is fantastic, i go to every game home and away, so take Newport, i would of spent £70 on that tuesday game, i can now watch it on my 50 inch tv in the comfort of my armchair, knowing that my club will profit a fiver
    Am I correct in assuming you are complaining about saving £60?.......very few hardcore supporters would make the midweek trip to Newport, and Notts benefit zero anyway financially........most of your expense is on traveling anyway....now we will hopefully get 500 Notts fans logging into iFollow and cash directly goes to AH.....freeing up the roads and extra dosh for Notts...win win

The problem comes for Notts when they are at home in midweek, and the potential loss of income.....AH has countered this by making the first Notts home midweek match one of his "specials" ie he was probably going to run 3 or 4 "specials" anyway, so why not midweek games?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Am I correct in assuming you are complaining about saving £60?.......very few hardcore supporters would make the midweek trip to Newport, and Notts benefit zero anyway financially........most of your expense is on traveling anyway....now we will hopefully get 500 Notts fans logging into iFollow and cash directly goes to AH.....freeing up the roads and extra dosh for Notts...win win

The problem comes for Notts when they are at home in midweek, and the potential loss of income.....AH has countered this by making the first Notts home midweek match one of his "specials" ie he was probably going to run 3 or 4 "specials" anyway, so why not midweek games?
    Interesting to see how this pans out. We normally suffer around a 20% loss in attendance for a Tuesday night game, and this will inevitably get worse as a result of this development. I wouldn't blame anyone traveling from afar for taking up the TV option. Whether the cash will make up for the loss on gate revenue remains to be seen. I won't be subscribing, mainly because I find watching on telly or listening on radio very frustrating. I'll either be there in person or follow the scores online.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Interesting to see how this pans out. We normally suffer around a 20% loss in attendance for a Tuesday night game, and this will inevitably get worse as a result of this development. I wouldn't blame anyone traveling from afar for taking up the TV option. Whether the cash will make up for the loss on gate revenue remains to be seen. I won't be subscribing, mainly because I find watching on telly or listening on radio very frustrating. I'll either be there in person or follow the scores online.
    So you do not want to spend a tenner to watch your team live on a computer...preferring to watch the free scores online instead?......wow....just wow

So you do not want to spend a tenner to watch your team live on a computer...preferring to watch the free scores online instead?
    Correct.

Firstly, well done to those like macstop who follow this club home and away all season, these fans are the primary lifeblood of the club and their relentless support is to be commended. That said, the money spent doing this should NOT be seen as a reason to award medals, everyone has the right to spend their money however they want and if that is travelling around the country watching your football team then great, likewise if you prefer to spend your hard earned cash travelling around the country going to the theatre then fair play.

Secondly, to counter Tarkers argument I can understand macstop’s dismay. It could be seen that his/her dedication has been devalued with the introduction of screening these matches and you can understand feeling a little let down and disheartened by it.

Also the argument about it making money for the club just doesn’t seem to compute where home games are concerned. If 1,000 fans decide to watch on ifollow for £10 rather than go to the match for £10 then that’s a 50% loss straight away (if it is a fiver from ifollow), not to mention loss of revenue in other areas.

For me personally it’s another nail in the coffin for lower league football and the virtues, tradition and values of the game in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Firstly, well done to those like macstop who follow this club home and away all season, these fans are the primary lifeblood of the club and their relentless support is to be commended. That said, the money spent doing this should NOT be seen as a reason to award medals, everyone has the right to spend their money however they want and if that is travelling around the country watching your football team then great, likewise if you prefer to spend your hard earned cash travelling around the country going to the theatre then fair play.

Secondly, to counter Tarkers argument I can understand macstop’s dismay. It could be seen that his/her dedication has been devalued with the introduction of screening these matches and you can understand feeling a little let down and disheartened by it.

Also the argument about it making money for the club just doesn’t seem to compute where home games are concerned. If 1,000 fans decide to watch on ifollow for £10 rather than go to the match for £10 then that’s a 50% loss straight away (if it is a fiver from ifollow), not to mention loss of revenue in other areas.

For me personally it’s another nail in the coffin for lower league football and the virtues, tradition and values of the game in general.

Not sure about that, those that go habitually will always go and won't stay at home to watch a game. I think it's marketed at those who habitually don't or won't go to midweek games. Fans who won't go to a midweek game may decide to pay a tenner to watch it at home so any monies generated from these fans that wouldn't attend the ground anyway, will be an addition rather than a loss?

For a great many it's a social event as well as football and that cannot be replicated alone on your sofa?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post

Firstly, I cannot see 1,000 people deciding to watch the match on their sofa rather than attending a home match for the same price, if anything, I expect MORE people to be watching the match overall......Sid, Glasgow Dave, Irish x 2 are examples of far-flung UK supporters who hopefully click the £10 button.

This "nail in the coffin" argument is exactly the same argument used against Sky 20 years ago, that it would "kill the game"....now the Prem is arguably the richest league in the world.

Secondly, the home and away midweek fixtures are neatly balanced at 3 each (removing the 4 midweek fixtures that fall on Boxing day, New Years day and Easter), Yeovil, Crawley and Carlisle at home and none of these would be remotely called "inspiring" games likely to attract big crowds anyway.....and the 3 away midweek fixtures are Newport, MK Dons and Carlisle which include 2 of our longest journeys even for the most ardent away followers.
    Depending on how heavily these 3 away games are marketed, I would expect a minimum of 500 Notts fans to hit the £10 button.

The club seem reasonably keen on marketing the new iFollow initiative with 3 write-ups the last time I looked on the official site, plus AH was tweeting about booking iFollow match tickets for those on holiday.....AH seems keen on it as well as the marketing department....time will tell

Finally, the iFollow page have now announced that international season ticket holders can now view the Checkatrade Trophy as part of the package....not sure if that applies to UK residents as those games are normally midweek also.
    Anyone interested needs to click the "game pass" ticket icon next Tuesday and let us all know??...obviously that excludes Elite as he refuses to use iFollow!!

Firstly, I cannot see 1,000 people deciding to watch the match on their sofa rather than attending a home match for the same price, if anything, I expect MORE people to be watching the match overall......Sid, Glasgow Dave, Irish x 2 are examples of far-flung UK supporters who hopefully click the £10 button.

This "nail in the coffin" argument is exactly the same argument used against Sky 20 years ago, that it would "kill the game"....now the Prem is arguably the richest league in the world.

Secondly, the home and away midweek fixtures are neatly balanced at 3 each (removing the 4 midweek fixtures that fall on Boxing day, New Years day and Easter), Yeovil, Crawley and Carlisle at home and none of these would be remotely called "inspiring" games likely to attract big crowds anyway.....and the 3 away midweek fixtures are Newport, MK Dons and Carlisle which include 2 of our longest journeys even for the most ardent away followers.
    Depending on how heavily these 3 away games are marketed, I would expect a minimum of 500 Notts fans to hit the £10 button.

The club seem reasonably keen on marketing the new iFollow initiative with 3 write-ups the last time I looked on the official site, plus AH was tweeting about booking iFollow match tickets for those on holiday.....AH seems keen on it as well as the marketing department....time will tell

Finally, the iFollow page have now announced that international season ticket holders can now view the Checkatrade Trophy as part of the package....not sure if that applies to UK residents as those games are normally midweek also.
    Anyone interested needs to click the "game pass" ticket icon next Tuesday and let us all know??...obviously that excludes Elite as he refuses to use iFollow!!
    Spot the error.....next Tuesday is the Caribou, blackout.....the first Tuesday night Checkatrade is Grimsby away Tuesday 4th Sept which I THINK is available to UK-based iFollowers for £5?.......worth a look?

Spot the error.....next Tuesday is the Caribou, blackout.....the first Tuesday night Checkatrade is Grimsby away Tuesday 4th Sept which I THINK is available to UK-based iFollowers for £5?.......worth a look?
    Nope.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast