+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we need another keeper?

Do we need another keeper?

I'm hoping that Saturdays "performance" by Fitzsimons was down to nerves, but I think he may be another player whose stock rose drastically by not playing. The more people hated Collin, the more they loved Fitzsimons.

His distribution was as bad as, if not worse than Collin's last season and his decision to keep hoofing the ball down the middle when we had Dennis and Allessandra upfront at the end defied logic.

Is anyone confident that Pindroch is a good enough backup or is it worth grabbing a replacement whilst we still can?

Yes you are right. Fitzsimons was a national league south keeper at best before he came and Pindroch is not good enough. We released a perfectly good young keeper in Curtis Hall, that never made sense to me.

I'm wondering if we will be loaning one of the forest goalies? For a loan, Smith looks a good shout, he'd get game time which he needs and we get a keeper that has played in the Championship so it's a win win really

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'm wondering if we will be loaning one of the forest goalies? For a loan, Smith looks a good shout, he'd get game time which he needs and we get a keeper that has played in the Championship so it's a win win really
    Fitzsimons won't improve without match practice. I think he has ability but needs game time. Don't think he was worse than Collin last season. I agree he needs to work on distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    Fitzsimons won't improve without match practice. I think he has ability but needs game time. Don't think he was worse than Collin last season. I agree he needs to work on distribution.
    I have real worries about Fitzsimons. He's not a tall goalie and for a shot stopper, he can get beaten quite easily and he gives up on shots fairly easily. For example the Colchester shot that smacked the bar, he was in no man's land.

You're right that he needs games but he's not ready yet. I'd send him on loan to the Conference with a 24 hour recall, have Pindroch on the bench and we get in a proper number 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Do you think Forest would loan us anyone now?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Do you think Forest would loan us anyone now?
    I think the hype is caused by their fans to be honest. Business is business in the end of the day. If they want Smith to get game time, they know he'll be well looked after at Notts, why not? Henderson they want gone so another opportunity as well. Both are decent keepers for our level

I think he's feeling the pressure of being the recognised number 1 now, last season when he was playing he was trying his best to try and be the number 1, now he has the shirt he's under pressure to keep it and he's looked cr*p in pre season and on Saturday imo.

In my opinion he's a downgrade on Adam Collin in every aspect, I'm yet to see anything to disprove that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    I think he's feeling the pressure of being the recognised number 1 now, last season when he was playing he was trying his best to try and be the number 1, now he has the shirt he's under pressure to keep it and he's looked cr*p in pre season and on Saturday imo.

In my opinion he's a downgrade on Adam Collin in every aspect, I'm yet to see anything to disprove that.
    Fully agree with you. We really need to be looking for a better goalie as a matter of urgency. It looks very much like when Bart left and Speiss was put in a similar position. He also did well season before but suffered under the pressure of the position and we ended up getting Roy Carroll in

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post

A lot of people seemed to take against Collin, (which is why I assume Fitzsimons got a much warmer than average welcome on Saturday) but I’ve no idea why. Anyone know the reasons?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast