+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Midweek games

Midweek games

So I have just seen that Port Vale are allowing fans to watch midweek games live on television. Will Notts county follow suit?

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2018/08...-games-online/

That’s the article;

hanges to broadcast rules in the UK will allow fans in the UK the possibility of watching Port Vale midweek games live on the Internet.

Last season, fans based abroad were able to watch live footage of Port Vale games but broadcasting restrictions meant that the vast majority of games (there was a trial involving checkatrade games) were unavailable to UK-based fans. UK fans unable to make the match had to be content with online radio commentary.

Whilst the EFL does not believe anything can substitute the live match experience, the domestic streaming of iFollow gives supporters an opportunity to follow their team no matter where they are…

All that is due to change this season.

Put simply – any Port Vale games played during the Saturday blackout period (14.45-17.15) will not be available but any Football League games played outside of that period could be available. As long as the games are not subject to live TV coverage (unlikely for the vast majority of Vale games) or scheduled to be shown as televised highlights (this will probably mean many league cup games will not be available live) then the game will be available to watch. This applies to both home and away fixtures.

According to a report in the Carlisle media, the game against Vale will be available for £10 and that same price is likely to apply to Vale fans. It’s great news for Vale fans based outside of Stoke-on-Trent and those who cannot make the game due to work commitments (to give just two examples).

Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey said: “Whilst the EFL does not believe anything can substitute the live match experience, the domestic streaming of iFollow gives supporters an opportunity to follow their team no matter where they are.”

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    So I have just seen that Port Vale are allowing fans to watch midweek games live on television. Will Notts county follow suit?
    Keep up, we already have. It's been posted on here or just check the official site.

I suggest you try and 'Getsmart'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Keep up, we already have. It's been posted on here or just check the official site.

I suggest you try and 'Getsmart'.
    To clarify, for all clubs this is advertised as live online rather than live on television, though you can possibly get either with the right gadgets and knowledge. The point is that it's an EFL thing rather than an individual club thing.

Ok thanks, haven’t seen it advertised though I have to admit I rarely use the website. Must have missed the thread on here due to all the o/t threads the last few weeks.

Appreciate the heads up though, looking forward to watching some of the midweek games I am unable to attend.

Ok thanks, haven’t seen it advertised though I have to admit I rarely use the website. Must have missed the thread on here due to all the o/t threads the last few weeks.

Appreciate the heads up though, looking forward to watching some of the midweek games I am unable to attend.
    I think I owe you an apology for my sarcasm, while it was posted on here it was bloody hard to find! Turns out it appeared at the end of the match thread - see link (posts #46 & #49). Only a real saddo with no life who spends all their time on here could be expected to have spotted it and as I am repeatedly told, I meet all those criteria.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38225424

Info is here Getsmart: https://www.efl.com/broadcast-schedule/

Subscription info is here: https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-08-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Both myself and Swale have pointed out that midweek games are available to view at £10 on iFollow.....there is an announcement on the official Notts website explaining the details....lots of extra dosh for Notts hopefully.

I will keep posting the details as a separate thread every time we are playing midweek....it could get boring!

I don't understand this, so i have paid £30 for tickets plus £30 for petrol for the Cambridge match, and your telling me i could watch it on tv for a £10, surely no one's going to go to these games?

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    I don't understand this, so i have paid £30 for tickets plus £30 for petrol for the Cambridge match, and your telling me i could watch it on tv for a £10, surely no one's going to go to these games?
    These rule changes do not apply to Saturday 3pm games

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    Both myself and Swale have pointed out that midweek games are available to view at £10 on iFollow.....there is an announcement on the official Notts website explaining the details....lots of extra dosh for Notts hopefully.

I will keep posting the details as a separate thread every time we are playing midweek....it could get boring!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast