+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Midweek games

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Finally, the iFollow page have now announced that international season ticket holders can now view the Checkatrade Trophy as part of the package....not sure if that applies to UK residents as those games are normally midweek also.
    Anyone interested needs to click the "game pass" ticket icon next Tuesday and let us all know??...obviously that excludes Elite as he refuses to use iFollow!!
    I'll have to see if I'm tempted nearer the time. I just don't enjoy watching Notts live on telly, I usually do it if a live game is on but I find it very frustrating watching compared to actually being at the game. I definitely wouldn't watch a Checkatrade game even if Alan Hardy offered to pay rather than charge me a tenner. As long as 'B' teams are included I will have nothing to do with that competition.

Spot the error.....next Tuesday is the Caribou, blackout.....the first Tuesday night Checkatrade is Grimsby away Tuesday 4th Sept which I THINK is available to UK-based iFollowers for £5?.......worth a look?
    Don’t dispute the commercial argument, quick question, if fans of other clubs signed up on their clubs ifollow account decide to watch another team on the platform, which club gets the money?

I’m assuming the originating club account and not those playing, so next we will see AH recommend Notts fans watch as much midweek efl action as they can in the interest of adding revenue?

Like I said, the games gone. Oh and regarding SKY and the PL, yes you are correct but it has been achieved at the expense of everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Don’t dispute the commercial argument, quick question, if fans of other clubs signed up on their clubs ifollow account decide to watch another team on the platform, which club gets the money?

I’m assuming the originating club account and not those playing, so next we will see AH recommend Notts fans watch as much midweek efl action as they can in the interest of adding revenue?

Like I said, the games gone. Oh and regarding SKY and the PL, yes you are correct but it has been achieved at the expense of everyone else!
    To watch "other teams" games ie Forest, you would need to open a Forest account and pay them the £5 for Checkatrade or £10 for midweek league game.....I cannot watch any other club on my Notts account.......so the club that is playing keeps their own fans money, home or away.

It will be interesting to see the club's marketing strategy pre-Newport away on Tues 21st Aug.....theoretically it is in Notts interest for nobody to travel to Newport, but for all Notts fans to watch online as all Notts fans using Notts iFollow, the money goes to Notts unless clubs have agreed to hand over their "receipts" to the home club.
    This is the first season this has been tried so I do not know the financial details.

I've been reading this debate on different forums, where the feeling is for fans to "support" their own club by watching online instead of filling rival clubs coffers.
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 08-08-2018 at 01:42 PM.

To watch "other teams" games ie Forest, you would need to open a Forest account and pay them the £5 for Checkatrade or £10 for midweek league game.....I cannot watch any other club on my Notts account.......so the club that is playing keeps their own fans money, home or away.

It will be interesting to see the club's marketing strategy pre-Newport away on Tues 21st Aug.....theoretically it is in Notts interest for nobody to travel to Newport, but for all Notts fans to watch online as all Notts fans using Notts iFollow, the money goes to Notts unless clubs have agreed to hand over their "receipts" to the home club.
    This is the first season this has been tried so I do not know the financial details.

I've been reading this debate on different forums, where the feeling is for fans to "support" their own club by watching online instead of filling rival clubs coffers.
    I’m sure the players would really appreciate no support! Sorry but fans saying everyone should support their club by watching online is just ridiculous. Again, I repeat myself but RIP football.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123