+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the Bury fans say about Callum Styles

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    2 signings now Dools, has the war chest finally had the dust knocked off it?
    Tha can jest Pass but that's 900k in league 1. Not to be sniffed at that mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Tha can jest Pass but that's 900k in league 1. Not to be sniffed at that mate.
    That's the Alfie Mawson windfall money spent then.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Top Man GG accoordin to that bloke eennyrooard
    A think ad be laughing with and praising a bloke who ed just given me heyf a million forra 18 year old and lets him come back. Bury manager al be spending the brass befooar tha can blink. Christmas come early.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That's the Alfie Mawson windfall money spent then.

Isn’t that a good thing ?

18-year-old Callum Styles signed for the Reds from Sky Bet League Two side, Bury FC on Monday afternoon.

The midfielder, who played regularly for the Shakers in League One last season, has committed to a four-year contract at Oakwell with a further option in the Club’s favour. He will now return to Gigg Lane on-loan until January.

Speaking to iFollow Barnsley after completing the deal, Callum said this move was a dream come true for him.

“It feels really good; it’s what I’ve dreamt of as a kid – to move on and try and better myself, to come to a Club like Barnsley who are hoping for promotion. I’m hoping to help them get promoted,” Styles stated.

A confident, fluent and forward thing central midfielder, Styles has a cultured left-foot which will add balance to any midfield and the Reds had to fight off significant competition for his signature from teams higher in the footballing pyramid.

“My best role, I’d say, is as a number eight – up and down the pitch. I like to get on the ball and make the play, make the team tick. I just like getting on the ball and making play. I’m there when it’s needed.

“The way the gaffer spoke about me, the way the Club is and how it works, it’s not far from home. It’s a big Club in League One, hopefully they get promoted to the Championship and that’s what really pulled the strings for me.”

Callum will immediately return to Bury until January but will then become available for Daniel Stendel to select in his first team. The midfielder explained that he will now always have an eye on the Reds, but also wants to help Bury as much as possible too.

“It’s for me to get more game under my belt so when I come back to Barnsley, hopefully in January, then I’m ready to help them succeed as well as Bury. I’m a Barnsley player now, so I’m focussed on Barnsley, but I need to help Bury as well as Barnsley.

“That’s what I’m aiming to do – so then I can play as many games as I can for Barnsley, help them succeed and therefore better me as a player and then I can succeed as a player.”

Fans will be kept up-to-date with the progress of Styles during his time with Bury through all the official channels of Barnsley Football Club.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Isn’t that a good thing ?
    With Big Chien's history of not spending his own brass and £6 million to make up I wonder what may happen in next few days and in January.

Not many owners put their own money in , they usually just add debt onto the clubs accounts and hope to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    With Big Chien's history of not spending his own brass and £6 million to make up I wonder what may happen in next few days and in January.
    Thats the only worry Sb about what might happen, especially if we're having a good season again when January comes around. Theres every chance we will start selling off all the quality again for a profit, and bang go the teams chances on the pitch. But this is only a worst case scenario, it might not happen like that.

January Transfer window should be scrapped

Wouldn't bet on it Acido

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast