+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vydra to Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Rather think we're getting the short end of the wedge, Vydra going there permanent while we're only getting Wells as a loan, think there needs to be at least 5 or 6 million coming along with Wells
    I think it'll be more like the full 10 or 11 million. I think they want to get Wells off their wage bill for 12 months as a condition of the sale. We should have insisted on a similar deal sending Blackman on loan to Peterborough in exchange for Marriott.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I think it'll be more like the full 10 or 11 million. I think they want to get Wells off their wage bill for 12 months as a
    condition of the sale. We should have insisted on a similar deal sending Blackman on loan to Peterborough in exchange for Marriott.
    Yes I would have thought at least 10 million We.were a bit stupid taking Wells as part of the deal He played a grand total of 46 minutes last season ( 9 sub apps ) so he's going to be up to speed isn't he Just hope this hasn't scuppered the Waghorn deal apparently Ipswich are fuming they can't complete their two signings because of Derby holdup Saying they may lose said two players

Wells looked a real handful the year Huddersfield went up but then again Butterfield shone for them too.

Surely if he does come in some forwards have got to go out on loans at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Wells looked a real handful the year Huddersfield went up but then again Butterfield shone for them too.

Surely if he does come in some forwards have got to go out on loans at least.
    Manx yes he was a very good player then Seems to have lost his way since going to Burnley but he's not really the type of striker Dyche usually has and neither is Vydra He likes is big strong strikers Woods Barnes etc maybe having a change of attack as he's in for Rodriguez as well

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Manx yes he was a very good player then Seems to have lost his way since going to Burnley but he's not really the type of striker Dyche usually has and neither is Vydra He likes is big strong strikers Woods Barnes etc maybe having a change of attack as he's in for Rodriguez as well
    Vydra has officially signed for Burnley

Oh and states no other players are part of the deal.

That sounds good not really fussed about Wells think he will end up at WBA

Agree I was non plussed when I heard his name mentioned.

Yep good news, at least we get the full fee, interested to know what he went for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    What can Leeds offer him over Derby? Only more money.

A premier team can offer him Premier league football against the likes of Man United, Chelsea etc and also in some cases European football. This would benefit his career and international career far more than moving sideways to another championship club.
    In this case, he certainly has European footy, even though it might be short one. But definitely a chance to prove himself at the top level and most players would certainly want it, even if they have to fight for a starting place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)