+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lundstram

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    From the stats he received so that blows some opinions out of the water

To add to this brilliant analyses had time to review game and collate my own data.

Lundstram had 11 ball recoveries/10 in Swansea's half. Also played 2 through balls and had xG of 0.18...all were game highs for united. No player pressed more effectively or tried to create more

I'm sure someone will come along and say the stats are bollox truth is stats are facts tufty wasn't the only one who got it wrong on sat
    thanks Bully - stats in general, don't lie

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    To be fair, Couttsy was gash when he arrived, and he'd spent a while at Derby being gash too, and if what I've heard about him is true there are non-footballing reasons for that.

Also you don't have to be a pro-footballer to pass comment on whether someone else is good or not. I assume you've had bad food before and said it's bad? Also I assume you're not a Michelin-starred chef...
    I wasn't meanin you,me or anyone else isn't allowed to have their views on players performances,what i meant was if Lundy's so poor what does it make the vast majority of fans footballin ability like? I think he's decent and i've said before i think he gets unfair stick,is he prem class no defo not but in my view he wasn't our worst player on Satdi but alluss seems to get slaughtered no matter how he plays.Michelin star chef,me? I'd be a Michelin star eater if there was such a award,hence mi big belly.UTCB

But he tackled more and tried to go forward more and broke play up more times than anybody else so what the hell was everybody else doing 64 the problem is the stats don't sit easy with people cos it's not what they think they saw

I keep an open mind every game. My biggest gripe with fans is when they have a downer on a player and look for the negatives every time he plays because they want their judgement to be proved right.

I stood by Lundstram when he first came into the team because I thought that he was onto a hiding to nothing following Couttsand some who sat near me wouldn’t cut him slack at all, but having kept an open mind I jut don’t think he’s got what it takes. I wasn’t influenced by anybody sat near me, in fact Evans seemed to be the main target of the Neanderthals who think barracking a player helps the cause.

For ever good thing he does (and he does) he also fails to do the basics, he seems slow to react or reposition himself. I don’t needs stats to convince me I’m right or wrong, I’ve watched football long enough to know when something isn’t right, and they do lie guys. Look at the times we’ve seen loads of shots on and off target from us or the oppos but having seen it for ourself, we knew there was barely a decent shot in anger.

It’s sad, I hate it when younger players can’t quite make the level and I’d love for him to do a Paul Coutts and regenerate into a master. I don’t think that he will though.

Very well put Gray. Much of you just said is what I was clumsily trying to say in my previous posts.
    Maybe it was what we were comparing him to at first but there are too many basic midfield qualities that for me are a missing from his game.
    Maybe his stats were the best of a bad bunch Bully cos Satday was a bit of a car crash in the art of closing down/defending. But like Gray just said sometimes you just have to do what the old game show catchphrase says “say what you see”

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    But he tackled more and tried to go forward more and broke play up more times than anybody else so what the hell was everybody else doing 64 the problem is the stats don't sit easy with people cos it's not what they think they saw
    Nah its bo-llo-x,the stats man coupled the two peas in pod Lundstam and Evans stats together,he thought they were the same player.

Imo Evans is no better than lundstram I think they're both not up to it I'm just offering the argument that although we all thought he was bobar on sat he was actually better than the other 2 alongside him

Load o rollocks. Lund strum all ways shows for the ball and demands it. He works hard and try to switch play from one side to the other. He's just an average player though so it just dosnt come of. We certainly need better though if we are to challenge.

Are Leyton Orient still interested in Lundstram,wish they were,i would pay for his 1st class train fair to St Pancras.

He is getting worse.

We could have been 1-0 down in the first minute,he was day dreaming while the oppo midfielder made a run from deep all the way into our box to take the shot that Henderson saved..............but wait there is more the first goal he was supposed to be marking the Boro player that got the flickon for the first goal,he just made a delayed half hearted attempt to cover.

You want to see,you need proof http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...-sheffield-utd

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234