+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lundstram

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Lundstrams biggest problem is that he isn't Paul Coutts. When Coutts was injured and he had to step into those shoes, there was a yawning gap, and although not his fault, he got panned for it almost from the off. He's improved a lot since then, but opinions haven't changed and people are looking for his faults to confirm their suspicions that he is crap. He has achieved the status of classic scapegoat. (thats 'classic scapegoat', not 'Official Club Scapegoat', which is still Enda Stevens.)

Sadly, the more it is said, the truer it becomes. Agreed he's no Paul Coutts, but then we are yet to see if Paul Coutts is Paul Coutts, after his injury.
    Fair post Pops,I find it amusin how COUTTSY's nar seen as some sort of messiah yet before Tufty arrived he got as much hammer as Lundy does nar.I don't think anyone thinks Lundy's a superstar but i don't think he warrants this much hammer.It does mek me smile also when some say he's sh*t this that and tother,i wonder what level of football these posters have played at in their careers? Goodness knows what it'll be like if we get a poundin toneeet,Tufty out for some? UTCB

To be fair, Couttsy was gash when he arrived, and he'd spent a while at Derby being gash too, and if what I've heard about him is true there are non-footballing reasons for that.

Also you don't have to be a pro-footballer to pass comment on whether someone else is good or not. I assume you've had bad food before and said it's bad? Also I assume you're not a Michelin-starred chef...

Quote Originally Posted by haich1889 View Post
    I reckon Lundstrom is getting worse. Against Inter & Swansea i paid particular attention to him as i was getting pi55ed off with him last season.
    He is very rarely within 40 yds of the ball. When he hasn't got the ball he points, waves his arms & continuously complains. Never comes short to collect a pass & usually moves towards opposition players instead of looking for space. Opposition midfield players just stroll past him whether they have the ball or not. When defending he never picks up spare men on the edge of the box. In short the ball for him is a Red Hot Potato.

However: his pass completion stats must be superb cos he only goes back or square & very rarely longer than 10 yds.

The final straw came when at 1 - 0 he patronisingly patted McGoldric on the back, as if to say "keep it up son you're doing ok"!! Also when we made our 1st substitution JL's body language showed he thought there was zero chance that he was gong to come off.
    not a fan of Lundstrom h?

He should be playing his football in League One that is his level,for him to operate in the Championship he has to give 110% all the time,its not possible thats why you just see flashes of him doing something good.

Majority of games he just wanders about trying to track the oppo,operative word "try".

If Wilder persists in using Lundstram and Evans because he is very similar,there will be only one outcome this season and it wont be us being in the top six more likely bottom six.

And i have'nt just jumped on the "diss" Lundstram brigade i was warning about him last season,he is not one of those that will improve with time/games he is "maxed out" now.

He’s not good enough unfortunately and I don’t really see what he offfers.

Not my words, Kevin Gage’s

All this ‘whipping boy’ stuff is quite honestly ridiculous. Lundstram was outstanding at his previous club and was a prospect who CW believed could make the step up to Champ level and beyond. It’s always a gamble because some players can achieve this and some just don’t make it. He might drop back a level and work his way back up again. It does happen.
    Unfortunately his shortcomings are there for everybody to see and comment on. They are also magnified in a poor performance.
    For me okay, he was trying to fill Couttsys boots which was never going to be easy but that aside he just isn’t good enough at this level.

Evans possibly could improve as he has got more qualities than he is currently showing.

Fleck cannot carry out his holding or attacking role whilever he’s trying to cover for these two.

Quote Originally Posted by bladesince64 View Post
    All this ‘whipping boy’ stuff is quite honestly ridiculous. Lundstram was outstanding at his previous club and was a prospect who CW believed could make the step up to Champ level and beyond. It’s always a gamble because some players can achieve this and some just don’t make it. He might drop back a level and work his way back up again. It does happen.
    Unfortunately his shortcomings are there for everybody to see and comment on. They are also magnified in a poor performance.
    For me okay, he was trying to fill Couttsys boots which was never going to be easy but that aside he just isn’t good enough at this level.

Evans possibly could improve as he has got more qualities than he is currently showing.

Fleck cannot carry out his holding or attacking role whilever he’s trying to cover for these two.
    Fleck isn't covering for either, he's stuck on the left when a blind man on a galloping horse sees he should be 'centre'

Hope Coutts can be eased back in as he seems to the engine room of the side. It would be good if we could get a Freeman (qpr) type as well as that would take the pressure off him.

Paramount importance to get a striker and a creative midfielder in for me.

Let's push the boat out for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Fleck isn't covering for either, he's stuck on the left when a blind man on a galloping horse sees he should be 'centre'
    He was in the centre against Inter and outstanding Chippy. Maybe Chris will see that it didn’t work and put him back to where he’s best tonight.

I’m going to see what the next few games bring mate, it’s not worth pressing the panick button yet. Late goals always have this effect, if we’d score instead of conceding we’d all be in a far more happy place despite the obvious issues.

In my defence unlike many, I always give players a chance & if they give their all I will always defend them to an extent. It's players like Lundstrom that really pi55 me off. Players that seemingly go out of their way to avoid the ball & don't try to find space or try a difficult pass. Every time our keeper got the ball Jonny boy turned his back & legged it up field.

I remember many criticising Quinny & Coutts (when he first came to us) when they made mistakes but both these players were constantly asking for the ball & trying things which meant they were bound to make mistakes.
    The lad is just clearly out of place & one of t6hose unable to step up. Not his fault BUT shouldn't be in the side.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast