+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lundstram

Lundstram

Reading Bladesmad and S24 SU since Saturday I am somewhat surprised by the stick dished out to John Lundstram. I get the point that Lundstram and Evans are two similar to play alongside Fleck and like everyone else I would have preferred Duffy to play from the start.

However, Lundstram has also come in for a lot of individual criticism yet he provided a very good pass to Baldock for the goal. When he missed his own chance (which I accept was poor) he sprinted back down the pitch and made a ferocious tackle to breakdown a Swansea move. Generally I didn’t think he was any worse than most of the others.

Monty used to be our whipping boy despite Frank Lampard saying he was the best player he had played against. Then it was Doyle. Now it’s Lundstram. Give the lad a chance.

Only my opinion, but he looks a very limited player

Also looks like he needs to lose half a stone

Very laboured when running, pedestrian. Tends to be out on his feet after 60 mins of play

On the plus side, he does a mean cross field pass

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Only my opinion, but he looks a very limited player

Also looks like he needs to lose half a stone

Very laboured when running, pedestrian. Tends to be out on his feet after 60 mins of pla

On the plus side, he does a mean cross field pass
    Fair comment B58.

Lundstrom & sprinting in the same sentence??
    My nannan is faster& more mobile moving round Asda.

& goes forward down each aisle never a sideways or backward thought. Always positive my nan unlike Johnny Lumberstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by haich1889 View Post
    & goes forward down each aisle never a sideways or backward thought. Always positive my nan unlike Johnny Lumberstrom.
    Is she available tomorrow night H ?

Wilder seems determined to persist with Lundstram but he'll never reach the required standard in my opinion.

He's got ability but doesn't quite fit into our team.

Lundstrams biggest problem is that he isn't Paul Coutts. When Coutts was injured and he had to step into those shoes, there was a yawning gap, and although not his fault, he got panned for it almost from the off. He's improved a lot since then, but opinions haven't changed and people are looking for his faults to confirm their suspicions that he is crap. He has achieved the status of classic scapegoat. (thats 'classic scapegoat', not 'Official Club Scapegoat', which is still Enda Stevens.)

Sadly, the more it is said, the truer it becomes. Agreed he's no Paul Coutts, but then we are yet to see if Paul Coutts is Paul Coutts, after his injury.

I reckon Lundstrom is getting worse. Against Inter & Swansea i paid particular attention to him as i was getting pi55ed off with him last season.
    He is very rarely within 40 yds of the ball. When he hasn't got the ball he points, waves his arms & continuously complains. Never comes short to collect a pass & usually moves towards opposition players instead of looking for space. Opposition midfield players just stroll past him whether they have the ball or not. When defending he never picks up spare men on the edge of the box. In short the ball for him is a Red Hot Potato.

However: his pass completion stats must be superb cos he only goes back or square & very rarely longer than 10 yds.

The final straw came when at 1 - 0 he patronisingly patted McGoldric on the back, as if to say "keep it up son you're doing ok"!! Also when we made our 1st substitution JL's body language showed he thought there was zero chance that he was gong to come off.

After early promise I don’t think he has the quality or pace we need. I do agree about him being a scapegoat though as Evans is at times even worse but gets nowhere near the same abuse. Both should be moved on, we need to set our sights higher now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast