+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Under embargo since April..................

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Not a case of not having any ambition that's a stupid statement the board want us to go up so their investment stands a chance of reaping some rewards,anyone who has listened to chris knows he is ambitious and wants to progress this team and club in general and the fans also I'm sure everyone wants us to do better. The problem is the speed at which we do it the club want it to be sustainable so it's going to be a bit at a time the fans want it yesterday even tufty wants it to be quicker but he won't rock the boat as he knows what they are prepared to pay just cos forest Derby Leeds etc have more money to throw at it right now doesn't mean they're mor ambitious it could mean they're bein stupid taking risks they can't afford to pay for you only have to look across the city to see a prime example of what happens when the gamble doesn't pay off,do we really want to go through all that again ? I certainly don't if it means we only get a couple of players each window but get stronger eventually we should crawl up the mountain however the counter argument that more teams coming down with parachute money makes it harder does stand up but I don't want us goin for it at the expense of falling behind again if we fail I'm prepared to bide my time and hope we get it right
    We won't get stronger if we buy a couple of players who are worse than the ones we sell.

Again, I don't think anyone is advocating spunking money away like Wednesday, but if we want to compete we simply can't get away with not strengthening the team. And that costs money whether the board and manager like it or not.

simple the wage structure has to be raised not dramatically but raised if we want top end championship players and get to the prem its 2018 !!!

Exactly , with the dealings so far it looks like we have stood still at best , hopefully some rabbits come out of the hat in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    We won't get stronger if we buy a couple of players who are worse than the ones we sell.

Again, I don't think anyone is advocating spunking money away like Wednesday, but if we want to compete we simply can't get away with not strengthening the team. And that costs money whether the board and manager like it or not.

Pointless talking about it Carpe
    Wanting better = Bankrupting the club

It's as black and white as that

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Pointless talking about it Carpe
    Wanting better = Bankrupting the club

It's as black and white as that
    Be reyt though cos they all drink Peroni, y'know like us!

Quote Originally Posted by Chingo View Post
    Exactly , with the dealings so far it looks like we have stood still at best , hopefully some rabbits come out of the hat in the next couple of days.
    Looking at the last hour of football they have played can I change that to gone backwards ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234