+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under embargo since April..................

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I don't care a jot about them or their owner except that some on here are demanding we follow suit re wages and transfers.
    That way is madness I tell you!
    UTB
    Literally no one is demanding that. No one at all. Jesus, it's like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Literally no one is demanding that. No one at all. Jesus, it's like banging your head against a brick wall sometimes...
    Just answer me a couple of questions.....do you want United to spend more on fees and wages.....and to what limit? (or no limit?).
    Perhaps it's not you who is demanding some action in the transfer market or it is and you have not been specific?

All 'm saying is don't follow Wendy's path.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Uproar because the 4XL shirts aren’t big enough
    You actually think we have some in stock?

Just answer me a couple of questions.....do you want United to spend more on fees and wages.....and to what limit? (or no limit?).
    Perhaps it's not you who is demanding some action in the transfer market or it is and you have not been specific?

All 'm saying is don't follow Wendy's path.
    It's not as simple as that.

IF we can find good players that fit in with our transfer budget and wage structure, that's fine. However, we might have to cast our net wider to achieve this, as it's an ever diminishing pool in the UK and Ireland.

IF we can't, then we need to revisit our transfer budget and wage structure. Neither I, nor anyone else on here as far as I'm aware, is advocating the old 'throw as much money at the problem in the hope that it will work' approach, as it's clearly not worked for the Pigs (and many other clubs). Suggesting that we need to pay the going rate is not equal to suggesting that we 'follow Wendy's path'. It's incredibly frustrating that certain people can't see anything other than black and white when it comes to debate.

It's not as simple as that.

IF we can find good players that fit in with our transfer budget and wage structure, that's fine. However, we might have to cast our net wider to achieve this, as it's an ever diminishing pool in the UK and Ireland.

IF we can't, then we need to revisit our transfer budget and wage structure. Neither I, nor anyone else on here as far as I'm aware, is advocating the old 'throw as much money at the problem in the hope that it will work' approach, as it's clearly not worked for the Pigs (and many other clubs). Suggesting that we need to pay the going rate is not equal to suggesting that we 'follow Wendy's path'. It's incredibly frustrating that certain people can't see anything other than black and white when it comes to debate.
    That's much better Carp' ....I understand a little more....we need to spend more but not too much. A good idea, I agree.
    Others might just be advocating a 'spend now, reap later' approach but most don't bother to explain their views.

At the moment I'll trust CW is trying his best to progress our club at a steady pace.

UTB

That's much better Carp' ....I understand a little more....we need to spend more but not too much. A good idea, I agree.
    Others might just be advocating a 'spend now, reap later' approach but most don't bother to explain their views.

At the moment I'll trust CW is trying his best to progress our club at a steady pace.

UTB
    Cheers Chipper.

I honestly don't think that even the most rabid Blade believes that spending our way out of the league is the right way to go.

Does anybody really think that they are not going to come out of this smelling of roses ?

Absolutely
    Nobody is demanding we spend beyond our means

The term "Beyond our means" is what we seem to disagree on

The traditional United supporter (The majority) wants somebody that turns up in a flat cap with a fag in his gob who's just done a shift darn't pit

And the 21st Century fans want players capable of excelling in the Division we are playing in

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    The traditional United supporter (The majority) wants somebody that turns up in a flat cap with a fag in his gob who's just done a shift darn't pit

And the 21st Century fans want players capable of excelling in the Division we are playing in
    Sorry JJ, I'm not going to let that pass. I've defended your right to be a miserable b'stard several times, but I won't have these gross and misleading characterisations of why you are right and everyone else is wrong.

I've not found any Unitedite who doesn't want the best for the club, or for us to progress as a team or as a club, or to have the best players we can afford. However, most people seem to understand that it has to be in a sustainable for us and our resources, that's to say regardless of what any other club is doing or spending. I haven't seen anyone who is advocating us spending more either a. quantify how much more we ought to be spending , or b. say where the money comes from.

The Blades way, Same owd United and the rest of the owd ballacks that gets trotted out. Tha's stuck in the past, shackled to everything you ever thought the club ever did wrong. Maybe its you that should wipe thi' grimy face, put away the whippet and the flat hat and get with the future. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I haven't seen anyone who is advocating us spending more either a. quantify how much more we ought to be spending , or b. say where the money comes from.
    OK - a. however much is needed to buy and pay players of a better quality than we have who will allow us to push on and improve our league position
    b. player sales, sell-on fees, TV money, ticket money, sponsorship and the owners having to put their hands in their pockets - that's one of the things about owning a football club, you see

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast