+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Under embargo since April..................

The bottom line on this is we have expenditure only the club really knows how much that is they also know how much is coming into the club and so they can work a budget out which keeps us sustainable which they have done now just as an example take waghorn he was asking more than we were prepared to pay so it's not just a case of pay him a bit more or what he wants he's exceeding the budget we have set with the figures available it's not just a case of pushing the boat out chris and the board want us to be sustainable going above the budget doesn't allow for this so we keep within the budget set

I hope this has helped clear things up

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    The bottom line on this is we have expenditure only the club really knows how much that is they also know how much is coming into the club and so they can work a budget out which keeps us sustainable which they have done now just as an example take waghorn he was asking more than we were prepared to pay so it's not just a case of pay him a bit more or what he wants he's exceeding the budget we have set with the figures available it's not just a case of pushing the boat out chris and the board want us to be sustainable going above the budget doesn't allow for this so we keep within the budget set

I hope this has helped clear things up
    Which is fine as long as the manager, the board and the fans are all in agreement that we're happy to be a mid-table (at best) second-tier club, and that we've absolutely no ambition to rise beyond this.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Sorry JJ, I'm not going to let that pass. I've defended your right to be a miserable b'stard several times, but I won't have these gross and misleading characterisations of why you are right and everyone else is wrong.

I've not found any Unitedite who doesn't want the best for the club, or for us to progress as a team or as a club, or to have the best players we can afford. However, most people seem to understand that it has to be in a sustainable for us and our resources, that's to say regardless of what any other club is doing or spending. I haven't seen anyone who is advocating us spending more either a. quantify how much more we ought to be spending , or b. say where the money comes from.

The Blades way, Same owd United and the rest of the owd ballacks that gets trotted out. Tha's stuck in the past, shackled to everything you ever thought the club ever did wrong. Maybe its you that should wipe thi' grimy face, put away the whippet and the flat hat and get with the future. UTB

I've never met a bunch of people more accepting of the ordinary as the majority of Unitedites.
    They are conditioned to accept failure and gleefully accept it with both hands because the alternative is far too revolutionary and risky.

There isn't an ounce of gumption in them to demand better because it's ingrained in them to accept that we can't possibly be as good as Derby, Forest, Leeds, Wendy...…...or even f@cking Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    I've never met a bunch of people more accepting of the ordinary as the majority of Unitedites.
    They are conditioned to accept failure and gleefully accept it with both hands because the alternative is far too revolutionary and risky.

There isn't an ounce of gumption in them to demand better because it's ingrained in them to accept that we can't possibly be as good as Derby, Forest, Leeds, Wendy...…...or even f@cking Brentford
    This bu11sh1t is on a par with McNultys "body language" comments.

Not a case of not having any ambition that's a stupid statement the board want us to go up so their investment stands a chance of reaping some rewards,anyone who has listened to chris knows he is ambitious and wants to progress this team and club in general and the fans also I'm sure everyone wants us to do better. The problem is the speed at which we do it the club want it to be sustainable so it's going to be a bit at a time the fans want it yesterday even tufty wants it to be quicker but he won't rock the boat as he knows what they are prepared to pay just cos forest Derby Leeds etc have more money to throw at it right now doesn't mean they're mor ambitious it could mean they're bein stupid taking risks they can't afford to pay for you only have to look across the city to see a prime example of what happens when the gamble doesn't pay off,do we really want to go through all that again ? I certainly don't if it means we only get a couple of players each window but get stronger eventually we should crawl up the mountain however the counter argument that more teams coming down with parachute money makes it harder does stand up but I don't want us goin for it at the expense of falling behind again if we fail I'm prepared to bide my time and hope we get it right

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    This bu11sh1t is on a par with McNultys "body language" comments.
    Only the serial moaners have passion for our club dint ya know Marvin? When i was walkin back to mi sons car on satdi i was thinkin thank goodness we lost cos i don't wanna see us anywhere the top 6,not really but if ya not here or other forums constantly roorin abart this that and tother you're a F**kwit or some other derogatory term the slashers like to use,oh well each to their own i spose. UTCB

All the piggies think that embargo is that juice drink.

Eyup Tango gerrus a tinny o’ that embargo from t’ trough behind cantilever stand will tha”

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    ...can't possibly be as good as Derby, Forest, Leeds, Wendy...…...or even f@cking Brentford
    We finished last season level with Brentford and above Forest, Leeds and the oinkers. So your point is..?

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Only the serial moaners have passion for our club dint ya know Marvin? When i was walkin back to mi sons car on satdi i was thinkin thank goodness we lost cos i don't wanna see us anywhere the top 6,not really but if ya not here or other forums constantly roorin abart this that and tother you're a F**kwit or some other derogatory term the slashers like to use,oh well each to their own i spose. UTCB

Last l heard he plays golf on Saturday anyway. Moronic statements because his wife won't up sticks to his beloved Leeds so he slags all things Sheffield, especially the club he"supports"

Henpecked angry man.

and some Blades are not happy unless they are moaning about other Blades moaning !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast