+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long will they give Big Dave if we lose to the Florists?

How long will they give Big Dave if we lose to the Florists?

I知 expecting panic stations if we lose tonight and then to Norwich.

The following week we play Luton in the League Cup.

I知 not calling for a change but wondering the mindset of Hong Kong Phooey and his number one super guy Jenkins.

Darren needs a big result tonight and I知 expecting a 2-0 Albion win BUT lose this and Saturday,lose to Luton and I reckon he値l have the following league match to save his neck.

If Brentford keep winning and we keep losing I can see Dean Smith here by mid September.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I知 expecting panic stations if we lose tonight and then to Norwich.

The following week we play Luton in the League Cup.

I知 not calling for a change but wondering the mindset of Hong Kong Phooey and his number one super guy Jenkins.

Darren needs a big result tonight and I知 expecting a 2-0 Albion win BUT lose this and Saturday,lose to Luton and I reckon he値l have the following league match to save his neck.

If Brentford keep winning and we keep losing I can see Dean Smith here by mid September.
    Pressure game already Mick lose tonight & we could well be bottom of the League already lost one home game & by tonight apart from 3 other clubs we will have played a game more than everyone else just shows you how important winning is .

Safe until Christmas in my view. Can’t see them wanting to pay contract up if nothing else.

We should have done far more to have obtained the services of Dean Smith. As we didnt we now have to listen to 'discover more creativity" "must discover recipe for unlocking defences" "its a learning curve" etc etc. Inexperience in this League will find you out very quickly and I fear that lack of experience is going to catch Moore up pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    We should have done far more to have obtained the services of Dean Smith. As we didnt we now have to listen to 'discover more creativity" "must discover recipe for unlocking defences" "its a learning curve" etc etc. Inexperience in this League will find you out very quickly and I fear that lack of experience is going to catch Moore up pretty quickly.
    We did,I have never claimed to be itk about Albion but know for a fact Smith had got the gig until Lai vetoed the appointment preferring BD instead.ruffled a few feathers did that descision

Wrong appointment get rid before it's to late given job for wrong reasons ie sentiment

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Wrong appointment get rid before it's to late given job for wrong reasons ie sentiment
    Exactly !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    I've been told that Dean Smith was approached but he didn't wish to retain the services of Darren Moore at first team level. Losing BD wasn't on the club's agenda.

Its amazing how fickle some are on here.

He's lost 1 game as permanent manager.

Jesus Christ.

I'd give him at least the whole of this season, unless we were in danger of going down and needed to make an 'impact' change.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Its amazing how fickle some are on here.

He's lost 1 game as permanent manager.

Jesus Christ.

I'd give him at least the whole of this season, unless we were in danger of going down and needed to make an 'impact' change.
    Agreed.

The way I see things it's far too early for the man nappies.

Get the over the deadline, see how the squad gels and give them all a decent run.

Others would rather point to a one game 100% record of defeats in the Championship .

Such is human nature.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)