+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Managed to blag two tickets in their 'Presidents Club' lounge. The paperwork asks that away fans respect the fact that they are sat with home fan season ticket holders.... I need to practice 'Non-Emotional Cheering'.. This could go badly wrong...
    Went to Tottenham in the Carling Cup when Judas was here, could not get an away ticket so got two in the home end (and they did sing the Yids song), was told not to wear away colours and be civilized, I was wearing my Claret scarf under my coat and when we scored I jumped up shouting YES ! I could feel Matron digging her finger nails into my leg trying to pull me back down into my seat, I think I was saved with Spurs hitting back with more than enough goals.

Did that in Cardiff - was relieved when we equalised - having to suffer 60 mins of verbals - Saps we were called.
    Doing the same at Fulham but have behaved in two Rangers games we won so hope I’m trained now.

Danny just signed for them

Tarks will knack him again!

Vydra said to be not match fit yet!
    Wood horsefly infection needing hospital treatment may mean his out, or will be able to trot, gallop and buzz over the park. Lol

Wood is certainly brilliant at finding new ways to not play!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Wood is certainly brilliant at finding new ways to not play!
    Must be too much horseplay,
    I wonder if he just needed outpatient intravenous antibiotics to treat what inflection he had, in which case he could be still training and fit for Sunday.

What did Lindy do to get crocked, I wonder.

Wood and Tom are said to be ok for 12 August, Brady now not till Sept 1 on physioroom. No mention of Lindy yet.

Danny to play against us says Hughes
    https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ut_333025.html

From the BBC

Head-to-head
    Southampton have won two of their six Premier League meetings with Burnley (D1, L3).
    However, the Saints have only lost two of their previous 16 home league meetings with Burnley (W8, D6).
    The last three league clashes have produced just four goals, with only one of those coming for Southampton.

Southampton
    Southampton have recorded just one win in their last 11 home league games (D5, L5).
    The Saints have only won the opening fixture twice in 19 Premier League seasons (D9, L8).
    They have not started a top-flight season with a home win since 1988-89 - a 4-0 victory over West Ham at The Dell.
    Charlie Austin has four goals in his last four Premier League games against Burnley.
    Mark Hughes has recorded just one win in his last six league matches against The Clarets (D2, L3), a 2-0 victory with Stoke in December 2016.

Burnley
    The Clarets could win their opening match in consecutive top-flight seasons for the first time since 1967.
    They lost just five away games in the last Premier League campaign (W7, D7), earning 52% of their points on the road.
    Ashley Barnes could become the first player to make 100 Premier League appearances for Burnley.

Will Joe keep his place or should Tom take over?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)