+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton v Burnley

Southampton v Burnley

Somebody wants to watch us if TV doesn’t.

Amazingly the game against Burnley on Sunday could be sold out in the home areas with only a thousand or so still available.

Saints fans planning on attending the first game of the season against Burnley on Sunday who haven't yet got their tickets might be advised to do so quickly, a quick scan of the club's online ticketing system reveals that although there are still tickets in all areas available, most of them are at the rear of the stand with only a few areas with more than single tickets lower down.

Given the amount of apathy shown by some on social media this is good to see, many Saints supporters seem willing to put the near past where it belongs and firmly behind us and give Mark Hughes and his team an opportunity to show that they can make this a decent entertaining season.

I know you are going down to Southampton OC. A friendly word of caution, some of the Saints fans are not very saintly at all. Caution advised!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I know you are going down to Southampton OC. A friendly word of caution, some of the Saints fans are not very saintly at all. Caution advised!
    Thanks BT our friends support them so will get the lowdown.
    I’m more worried my wife can’t see cos our lot stand in front of her. Maybe there will be free seats to move too.
    Think we will try to come to the Turf for Chelsea game after your kind intervention last season.

Great! Perhaps we can meet up for a meal and/or a pint?

Thanks that would be fun, but with 7 others in toe and train times being tight (arrive 1.15 ish and leave 5.30 ish there probably won’t be the opportunity, and you might be grateful, but you never know.

Managed to blag two tickets in their 'Presidents Club' lounge. The paperwork asks that away fans respect the fact that they are sat with home fan season ticket holders.... I need to practice 'Non-Emotional Cheering'.. This could go badly wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Managed to blag two tickets in their 'Presidents Club' lounge. The paperwork asks that away fans respect the fact that they are sat with home fan season ticket holders.... I need to practice 'Non-Emotional Cheering'.. This could go badly wrong...
    Be careful with the non verbals too CM, tie your hands by your sides and wear a burka.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Not with free ice cream CM

Saints’ Main Club Sponsors are providing free ice-cream to supporters ahead of the match, at St Mary’s, to make opening day that little bit sweeter.

There will be five vans located around the outside of the stadium, serving from 11am up until kick-off.

The generous offer is the latest from Virgin Media to help make Southampton supporters’ matchday experience all the more enjoyable.

There were also be a host of other activities at St Mary's for fans to enjoy ahead of the opening game of the season, with Saints Brass on hand, a keepy-up challenge in a special panna cage, and Saints Foundation testing your knowledge with a special quiz for supporters.

Will have a few ice creams then!

Ice Cream!!! The Presidents Club Lounge' is open 2 and a half hours before kick-off and the package is inclusive of beer, wine and something called 'Soft drinks' which is what I assume the locals will be drinking. The only ice cream that i will have is what the wife tips over my head when I get home around 18:00 Sh1t faced.

Lol!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)