+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Southampton v Burnley

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Yes, you're right Sub, it was a blatant push. I thought we might have had a pen as well when Gudmundsson got caught with a lethal looking lunge, it seemed to go un-noticed by the muppets though.
    Not sure it was a "blatant" though.

I didn't think he was pushed by hand rather it was body to body.

Seen this given as a foul and not given.

If he was jumped into that's a foul but challenging for the ball?

Not clear cut for me.

There is an obvious element of Claret & Blue bias on here blueheeler1!

I expressed my opinion as an ex-official, although not at football league level. I don't often criticise officials, however, on the occasions that I have seen this referee, not just Burnley matches, I have been disappointed with his decision making. I posted on here yesterday, during the match, that I thought that he may well cost us the game and it almost proved to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    Not sure it was a "blatant" though.

I didn't think he was pushed by hand rather it was body to body.

Seen this given as a foul and not given.

If he was jumped into that's a foul but challenging for the ball?

Not clear cut for me.
    No I agree it wasn't blatant in that it was an obvious push, it wasn't, but it was blatant in that the player knew exactly what he was doing, which was running into Mee and knocking him off balance before he could head the ball. I wouldn't even criticise the ref or liner for not spotting it, or penalising it either, in today's game it's just clever play, there's that much going on, you're almost bound to get away with something like that. Doesn't alter the fact that Ben was fouled though.

Tv suggests Ben took Danny out and was a pen, but didn’t analyse Jacks offside.

I took the opportunity to put the press straight in the post match interview.

Name:  Southampton Press.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  98.0 KB

Good stuff!

BT
    Inside St Mary’s.
    Name:  2735027D-99D3-4EC3-998D-DB3828EAF590.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  16.2 KB

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)