+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: All for the love of Chess

OT: All for the love of Chess

So a 9 year old Indian lad who is believed to be the finest young Chess player in the world is to be allowed to stay in the UK after all.
    His dad's visa, which was about to be time-expired, has been revoked thus allowing the child to stay in the UK and doubtless get access to British citizenship.
    Isn't this creeping nepotism? We'll keep the good ones but the others can go scratch.
    One of the problems with the attitude of those who want to pick and choose the best of brains from other countries is that they are lessening the chances of poorer economies improving themselves. In fact it's not dissimilar to what goes on in football whereby the rich boys swoop on the poor clubs and snap up their talent. Something most on here despise - look at the Dongda He fred.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    So a 9 year old Indian lad who is believed to be the finest young Chess player in the world is to be allowed to stay in the UK after all.
    His dad's visa, which was about to be time-expired, has been revoked thus allowing the child to stay in the UK and doubtless get access to British citizenship.
    Isn't this creeping nepotism? We'll keep the good ones but the others can go scratch.
    One of the problems with the attitude of those who want to pick and choose the best of brains from other countries is that they are lessening the chances of poorer economies improving themselves. In fact it's not dissimilar to what goes on in football whereby the rich boys swoop on the poor clubs and snap up their talent. Something most on here despise - look at the Dongda He fred.
    Unless he got his visa thanks to personal contacts that's not nepotism.

I fail to see how one individuals future success at a one person activity, will enrich the nation as a whole?

There are far more deserving people who are having a hell of a time with UK immigration services these days and yet this kid is just fast tracked, it stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post

There are far more deserving people who are having a hell of a time with UK immigration services these days and yet this kid is just fast tracked, it stinks.
    I presume the far more deserving people = your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post

My nephew had a difficult time getting his wife into this country even tho they'd been married a couple of years. It wasn't till their 1st child had been born that they eventually allowed her in.

Why make it personal, ****

There are plenty, more needy than this 'prodigy' but you can't resist a ****tish, personal jibe.

What does this mean anyway, if I'm this 'Vlad' wasn't he widely discredited as being in a flat somewhere, having never been out of the country?

Move on, dick
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 11-08-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Why make it personal, ****

There are plenty, more needy than this 'prodigy' but you can't resist a ****tish, personal jibe.

What does this mean anyway, if I'm this 'Vlad' wasn't he widely discredited as being in a flat somewhere, having never been out of the country?

Move on, dick
    Calm down, it wasn't a jibe, just pointing out that you have a vested interest in the topic.

Calm down, it wasn't a jibe, just pointing out that you have a vested interest in the topic.
    Do I?

Do I?
    Yep.

Stick to your boring Italian stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast