+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More lies?

no were not gonna get any permanents in now so its got to be loans we wont be the only club going for loans till the end of august but we need at least 3 more to come in 2 strikers and an attacking midfielder

Loans got us a long way under Blackwell didn’t they ?

McCabe said he had learned a lesson from that season as well.

Weerz munneh gone ?
    Last edited by Chingo; 08-08-2018 at 07:56 AM.

After the 9th you can make loan deals with an agreed view to buy in Jan.

So what?
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    After the 9th you can make loan deals with an agreed view to buy in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    no were not gonna get any permanents in now so its got to be loans we wont be the only club going for loans till the end of august but we need at least 3 more to come in 2 strikers and an attacking midfielder
    So apart from Egan, it looks like the ‘competitive budget’ plus the Brooks money will be reinvested in a free agent, a free player with a sell on clause, two young loanees leading their trade and whatever loan players we can get in before the end of the month. And I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if we lost one or even both of our two best players looking how they’ve performed so far.

I’ve been told by a few to stop worrying when I said I’d wait until the window closes to pass judgement on it, but unless something totally unexpected happens we’ve just been fed the same old crap and we could be going into this season weaker than the last one without any outstanding players. To those who say that we’d never sell JOC and Fleck in the same window, we’ll I’d put nothing past our owners. If not this window then in January and if Coutts comes back and is anything like the player he was, he’ll not be here by next season as either.

We’ve been fed Porkies once again.The big deals were never going to happen and they knew it because we were never going to offer the wages to compete with other clubs who were in for the same players. We fall for it EVERY year and it’ll never change under the current ownership even when/ if the dispute is sorted out positively.

We could of course keep both of our stars and make a couple of cracking signings before 5pm tomorrow in which case everyone who told me to cheer up and chill out can say ‘I told you so ya miserable git!’ I’d be happy to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    No permanent signings this week 'exhausted all options!'

Also CW says no funds. Wheres the Brooks money and summer budget gone?
    He says that there’s no funds now and yet only last week he said ‘And we’ve hardly touched the Brooks money...’ and acknowledged we’d got bids in for the likes of Waghorn.

I can’t see Chris openly lying to us, it’s not his way. My my guess is that something else has happened with the two ****s at the helm and he’s been told that he can only bring loans in.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    He says that there’s no funds now and yet only last week he said ‘And we’ve hardly touched the Brooks money...’ and acknowledged we’d got bids in for the likes of Waghorn.

I can’t see Chris openly lying to us, it’s not his way. My my guess is that something else has happened with the two ****s at the helm and he’s been told that he can only bring loans in.
    You mean McCabe is involved in the latest developments ?

Surely not.

yes you may well be right there gray as for the waghorn thing i also think it was a bit of a smokescreen we must have known what salary he was on or what he would want to come here so im not sure we were ever serious about buying him but it looks once again as though were trying for top end championship players chris is taking all the flack with all this but im not totally certain tweedldee and tweedledum arnt involved in all this !

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    yes you may well be right there gray as for the waghorn thing i also think it was a bit of a smokescreen we must have known what salary he was on or what he would want to come here so im not sure we were ever serious about buying him but it looks once again as though were trying for top end championship players chris is taking all the flack with all this but im not totally certain tweedldee and tweedledum arnt involved in all this !
    If they're screwing Tufty over, he needs to come out and say it, and if necessary leave the club to retain his reputation. I don't think many Blades would have a problem with him walking out if he was being shat on by the owners. As it is, he's looking like part of the problem and ruining all the hard work he put in over the past couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Well I wasn’t surprised. Maybe it doesn’t make me popular and I’d hate to think that people thought that I only surfaced at bad times and seemed to revel in it like some do (you know who you are), but come on guys we’ve been fed bull**** again with or without Chris’s knowledge. And is ANYBODY really surprised? We knew what was coming. Just the obligatory kick in the nuts to tie up all the loose ends.
    Spot on. The ones most surprised by this sort of thing are often those who call it right and then go into shock when they're proven to be correct.

Brooks money on the team. Anyone want to buy magic beans?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast